Hunting deer on a mountain bike

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Extremely well-written article about hunting deer on a mountain bike. I highly recommend it: http://www.hcn.org/issues/43.19/hunting … ntain-bike

I got to chase a decent sized one down the trail for a couple hundred feet a couple weeks ago on a night ride.There’s a decent downhill on the way back to the trailhead and and I saw the smaller doe first but never noticed the buck until she went off the side of the trail. He was standing directly in the way and made a quick dash down the trail and I followed about 20 feet behind at the same pace until the trail heads back in the woods.All I could think to do was yell at it to get out of the way. 😆

That will be the extent of my deer hunting,haha.

Watch it ex-goo. You have opened yourself up to PETA peddlers. (if there are any). Deer are cool see ’em all the time. If I want a venison steak I go to Harry’s Farmers Market. Much easier and less messy. 😄 Later,

I know the SCDNR frown on harassing wild life.i wonder if they would consider the bike a vehicle,if so than it would be illegal to hunt from bike.

fat_billy, it’s ok, as we saw in that youtube video, the deer can fight back 😆

Taking the deer out in a lot of places would be easier on a bike than by foot. It sounds like fun to me!

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.