How Do I…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

…find bike clubs, or riding clubs??? Would my LBS be one?? Also, my last thread, some good advice was to help out with trail maintenance. How do i get myself involved in this??? You guys are really great!!! thanks for all the help!!!

Another good resource for trail, club and volunteer opportunities is IMBA

"Mongoose" wrote

First try this link to find some MTB Clubs in your State:

http://www.singletracks.com/mountain-bike/club.php

Also, do a search online for MTB Clubs in your State. Now, as a trail builder and trail maintenance guy myself, the best advise is to get with the guys/gals that ride these trails to find who does the maintenance on them and/or the days they do come out to maintain the trails. You can also check with your LBS to see if they know or know of the maintenance crew or times & dates. Hope this helps bro!

Excellent advice, however if you are really looking into this, I’d check with EVERY single LBS in your area, depending on where you live they may all give you the same answers, but in more crowded cities I’d assume you’d get more out of them. You can always call too, that way you don’t have to drive/ride out to the store itself.

Trail maintenance is pretty common in the MTB Clubs, in fact a good deal of some clubs are based on trail maintenance. So if you are really itching to get into it, find a good organization to join and try and go out when they do, usually they have certain days they designate to a trail. However if you don’t know anything about maintaining trails, I’d highly recommend not going out by yourself, as you could actually make the trail worse off.

Also you could check in with the land manager/agency (state/city parks etc) that your trails are on about trail work and clubs. I am pretty sure those agencies would steer you in the right direction.

Great advice!!! All of you!!! thank you very much!!!!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.