HOW COME?

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

How come there are 79 thousand users on this site but it looks like not many people post on the board. I know i’m a noob but don’t people want to spead the love of the sport and get the information out in the open. I’m an active member to three web sites that have fourms for there hobby and by far i would think the hobby of riding would out way the others. what do members do to promote this website. i know i’ll do my best to promote this site the best i can now i’m a member. seems to me like riders manly look for new places to ride from this site and thats it. 😢

"Mongoose" wrote

I almost forgot to mention, it is always kinda dead around here on the weekends. Weird, but true!

i kinda hoped it would be dead on the weekends that means people are riding thats a good thing lol. all i know it’s good to be here and it’s nice to meet you.

First off welcome.

As Mongoose said many people use the form just for info..Personally myself when i started here i wanted to just get trails…But hey when you have people like ….Trek7, Mongoose, Mudhunny Brian, just to mention a few, you can’t help but start posting.

Hey Goose! went on my new ride….Very Plush…Can’t wait to hit some of the tougher trails up north.

"element22" wrote

As Mongoose said many people use the form just for info..Personally myself when i started here i wanted to just get trails…But hey when you have people like ….Trek7, Mongoose, Mudhunny Brian, just to mention a few, you can’t help but start posting.

How did I get involved in this? I swear I didn’t do it! 😎

Had a wondeful weeken of sun, 70 degree weather and lots of……. Well staring at the bike. Wife and the kids were sick. Played doctor (get nind out of the gutter) which is fine for me.

Welcome aboard.

yeah! i didn’t get to ride this weekend either. 😢 me and the wifie live 9hrs apart due to me just getting orders to ft bliss. and i’m prob going to deploy within the next 6 months or so. so i’m in town to spend time with the family.

"joe17752001" wrote

How come there are 79 thousand users on this site but it looks like not many people post on the board. I know i’m a noob but don’t people want to spead the love of the sport and get the information out in the open. I’m an active member to three web sites that have fourms for there hobby and by far i would think the hobby of riding would out way the others. what do members do to promote this website. i know i’ll do my best to promote this site the best i can now i’m a member. seems to me like riders manly look for new places to ride from this site and thats it. 😢

I have wondered that myself. Singletracks has the best trail descriptions and data base of all the websites I have seen, but folks don’t drop in to say hi often enough. A very diverse group of riders with one common thread – mountain biking, in whatever style they choose.

Like Mongoose said, a pretty civil bunch too. You typically won’t get flamed here for expressing an opinion or asking a question on something MTB related. Some on other forums seem to relish that.

"joe17752001" wrote

i feel like most of mountain bikers ride because of the peace of the woods, the physical aspect, the time with close friends, and those sorts of things… none of which can be accomplished or fulfilled by posting in a forum. some people, however, can’t ride 6 days a week, but are still crazy about the sport the other 3 or 4 days they aren’t riding, and so they typically attempt to fill the void by reading bike mags and the like.

now, for some, posting on the internet provides their singletrack fix in some sort of twisted technological way.

I agree with the above that most here are focused on riding > posting.

I started here looking for mtb trail gps data so I could find and stay on the trails. Being in Oklahoma there wasn’t much gps data here and several of the trail sets we tried weren’t marked very well.

I stop in here now to submit gps data for the Oklahoma trails. Maybe it will help get someone out on the trails that wouldn’t otherwise give it a try!

Rider up!

I love this site! I live in Louisiana so there is not a large contingency of MTB’ers here when compared to others so it is great to talk with peopel from all over the country. One thing I have noticed is that when I pull up the list of members in my area it shows the date that they joined but no indication of if they are still "active." I don’t know how much it would take to add that but it would be cool if there was a way to tell the last time a member logged in.

"Devin_P" wrote

I love this site! I live in Louisiana so there is not a large contingency of MTB’ers here when compared to others so it is great to talk with peopel from all over the country…

Yeah I’m right there with you, this is definitely one of the nicer, if not not nicest MTB forum out there on the web, I find a lot of information on this site, and I’m always looking to expand my knowledge of the biking world.

But yeah 80k people is excessive but who knows.

The thing that I like about Singletracks, is that even a old/noob like me on a entry level HT, get’s welcomed! 😎 On some of the other forums, my Jamis Trail-X 3.0 get’s treated like I bought it at Wal-Mart 😠 ! I’m a old 50+er and I’m not into DH/FR, ect. just a bit of XC but when I first started back in the 1980’s, the MTB crowd didn’t have all this "specialization" and it was a wayyyyyy more laid back group, that why I got into MTB’ing in the first place, couldn’t handle the "roadie snobbery".

On the other forums mentioned, if your bike didn’t cost $5000+, you ride JUNK and are seemingly looked down upon, here it’s ok, mainly everyone just says: Ride and ENJOY! 😃

I fit the bill of rider on an"entry" level bike. I am only on my second bike in 17 years. I can keep up or ride faster with many that have "expensive" bikes. Shoot the only thing I really know about mt biking is that I really enjoy it! I think the last thing is all that matters to most of us here.

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.