Highland OverMountain Enduro, Oct 22nd.

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Anyone else going to this? I just signed up on Friday. First MTB race in almost 12 years. It looks like it should be a blast!

http://highlandmountain.com/events/over-mountain-race

I’ll be driving over from Burlington Friday evening.

Wow, that looks like it would have been pretty sweet – very interesting format. Did you end up going? How was it?

The race was a blast and the format definitely rocked. I really hope that more events of this type show up on the East Coast next year.

I did terribly. I crashed hard on my practice run on the first stage and cut up my hands, my knee/shin guard slipped and cut up my knee, and my back impacted on a rock shelf (luckily my camelbak absorbed some of the blow). This took a lot out of me for the actual race.

I run a 1×9 (BBG sandwich + Blackspire Stinger) on my Dawg, but I was been plagued with chain jams on every timed stage, which added about two minutes to each stage time. When the stages are only 5-7 minutes long, this is a recipe for not good times. I finished DFL, but had fun and will be back next year with better sorted equipment.

Sorry to hear about the pre-race woes… as well as the mechanical… sounds like a frustrating experience. So that speaks volumes to the race that you came out having a fun time and ready for next year!!

PK1

Just read about it… Props for going out man!

Glad you had a good time, and sorry for your mechanical mishaps.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.