Help understanding the "U-Turn" adjustment on my fork

Singletracks Mountain Bike News, Reviews, MTB Trails and Community Protected: Forums Mountain Bike Forum Help understanding the "U-Turn" adjustment on my fork

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Installed my rockShox Domain about 4 weeks ago. the u-turn adjustment doesnt seem to work right. i can only turn it one click, about a 1/4 of a turn. and then it will click back automatically and doesn’t allow for adjustment between 160mm to 115mm. is this normal or is it suppose to have more "clicks" or positions than this?

Anyone?…….Please? 😢

Sorry, all my forks are Fox so I have no idea. 😼

Yeah, that’s definitely not working. Try this (disclaimer – small loose parts): Take out the screw on the adjustment knob and it should lift off, revealing a bearing assembly with a number of ball bearings sitting on it. Based on what you’ve described, I’m suspicious that the plastic piece holding these bearings will be broken somehow, resulting in out-of-place or missing bearings.

I’m not actually a RockShox expert, I just play one on TV. This just sounds exactly like what happened to the Pike on my old trail bike. If this is what’s wrong, it’s a pretty cheap fix, but you probably need to get it looked at either way.

The permanent solution is to ditch RockShox and get a Maverick fork while you still can 😃

thanks. i will try looking at that. but i got this fork for such a good price you cant beat it. i woulda gotten a fox but cost way to much.

"spazjensen" wrote

Installed my rockShox Domain about 4 weeks ago. the u-turn adjustment doesnt seem to work right. i can only turn it one click, about a 1/4 of a turn. and then it will click back automatically and doesn’t allow for adjustment between 160mm to 115mm. is this normal or is it suppose to have more "clicks" or positions than this?

No, that doesn’t sound normal. My Domain doesn’t have u-turn on it, but I had a tora with u-turn and I could definitely dial down the travel. The turning definitely had a lot of resistance to it–impossible to do while on the bike, I had to get off and work it. Not sure if you’re just feeling the resistance or if something is wrong.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.