Help! Comfy women’s saddle needed!!

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I just read the other topic about seats, but it seemed to be all guys that responded, so I’m curious, what are the ladies riding with that they like?

I have an older Serfas right now that just isn’t doing it for me, and after today’s 5+ hour ride I’m determined to get a new seat before the weekend.

My only shot of direction right now… I’ve read good things about Brooks.

I have a Lookin gel saddle on my commuter bike, on which I’ve put about 2,000 comfy miles.
      REI and most LBS’s carry the women’s models:
      REI
      Jenson

It comes in Race, Athletic and Relaxed models, narrow to really wide, respectively.

For a really amazing unisex saddle, I really like mine. It’s a Forte Pro RS1 that I got at Performance for $29.99. It seems they no longer carry it, but Colorado Cyclist carries it in their house brand, "Douglas" also for $29.99.
      http://www.coloradocyclist.com/product/item/DXXKBSA2

I’ve logged a lot of off-road miles on this saddle this summer and it is ridiculously comfortable! In addition to being comfortable, it is also well-shaped for off-road riding. Specifically, it is conducive to controlling the bike, and especially for getting behind the saddle for downhill.

On a related note, don’t overlook the value of decent shorts with good padding.

Awesome, thanks for asking such a question, because the saddle on my girl’s bike just "isn’t cutting it". So i’ll be bouncing around looking at reviews on some other seats myself. However if you happen to find one you like, please let me know so I might suggest it to her.

I’m hitting up the local bike shop tomorrow. I’ll let you know what I come home with, and then I’ll give the real down and dirty review after riding this weekend.

K! here goes, seems every womans issues, are all depending on "the details" 😮

Proper sit bone spacing is first concern, my lady rides with a hard core group of tri-girls.

All have wide ranging issues, some like air flow, but that adds to more grit possible when off road.

Its all in the details, which are trapped and fighting among themselves 😏

Riding is life all else is waiting with,,,,,,,,,, Alice

While details are definitely important, I’m pretty sure just about any saddle designed for women would have made me feel like i was sitting on air in comparison to the serfas I had.

I ended up with a basic women’s specialized saddle, the BG sonoma. It was $30 at my local bike shop. And it was the best $30 i’ve spent on my bike since I really started riding it. Did another 6 hour tour on some nice single track this weekend and I’m not sore at all. And I feel like my whole bike posture was better because I wasn’t trying to compensate for an uncomfortable saddle.

I should not have waited so long!

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.