Help!! Can't find a set of forks

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Looking for a set of 29er suspension forks with a 1″ steerer tube. Threaded or threadless. My headtube is 30 mm inside diameter. Idk is its possible to fit 1 1/8 ” forks or not because there are thousands of them out there. I dont think it is but who knows. I’ve been looking everywhere for a week now and having no luck. Anyone know a company who makes some? I just wanna get back on the trails. Any other ideas and suggestions would help. Thanks!

Okay, I’ll bite. What brand/make of bike is this? Did it have a suspension fork on it before? I have to wonder because no one has used 1″ steer tubes on mountain bikes (or really any bikes for decades). If it does in fact use a 1″ steerer, then your best bet is going to be going with a rigid steel fork and the biggest rubber you can stuff in it. Even those are going to be tricky to find and may require you going custom if you absolutely want to go this route.

Laugh it up but it’s a mongoose I think. Got it very cheap and am trying to the some easy upgrades and get back into riding. Found tons of steel forks but no suspension. And right now it has suspension forks on it but they are weak and bottom out like crazy. I’ve tripple checked all the measurements and it is a 30 mm head tube.

I recommend you ride it as is. It is pointless to spend money upgrading it. Get everything you can out of it and save your money for something nicer eventually.

Listen to @RaymondEpstein, he speaks the truth.

If you’re dead set on replacing the fork, go rigid. You’re not going to find a decent suspension fork with a 1″ steerer.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.