Hello from Louisiana

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Hello everyone. I have been on Singletracks for some time now but just recently looked at all the features and realized how much it offered. I am going to be a more active member. A little about me. I enjoy both Mountain and Road biking. If you told me I could only have one, it would be the Mountain Bike, no questions. I have a Cannondale with a Lefty and Love it. I am also a member of my local organization and part of a race team. I am not the fast one around but I do okay. I do like to get out and ride new trails so you never know when I might pop up in your state. Planing to ride some in Mississippi, Texas, and Florida. Maybe Alabama and I am planning a big trip to Buffalo Creek area of Colorado later this year. If you are ever down in Louisiana, look me up. Love riding with new people.

Hey man, welcome aboard! Stoked to check out some photos and information about your local Louisiana trails.

Cheers!

Welcome! I too am from Louisiana. Hit me up some time. I am always itching to ride Comite/Hooper

Welcome. There are some good trails and good people near you.

"nickrm" wrote

Welcome! I too am from Louisiana. Hit me up some time. I am always itching to ride Comite/Hooper

Absolutely, I enjoy riding Comite and Hooper. I even enjoy going to the Beast from time to time. Do you race?

"Devin_P" wrote

Welcome. There are some good trails and good people near you.

Thank you. I am a member of NOMAMBO so I know all the good people you are talking about.

That’s great, they’re a good club. The guys (and girls) at BRAMBA are too. How are the Spillway trails these days? I moved down to the Tampa area (can’t seem to get that to change on here) so I’m not around there much anymore. On the plus side, there are two IMBA Epics right near me. Score!

"Devin_P" wrote

That’s great, they’re a good club. The guys (and girls) at BRAMBA are too. How are the Spillway trails these days? I moved down to the Tampa area (can’t seem to get that to change on here) so I’m not around there much anymore. On the plus side, there are two IMBA Epics right near me. Score!

I have been with NOMAMBO for four years now and I have been on the Race Team for three. I am good friends with a lot of the BRAMBA folks too. The spillway trail is great shape. It was flooded a few years ago when the corps open the locks but it is better than ever now. We have new berms in a section of the trail and it is longer then ever too. We are knocking on 6 miles of trail. replacing a few of the bridges is on the agenda before we add anything new though.

Hey, IMBA Epics not a bad trade off, LOL. I will have to look them up and put some of the on my list.

Alafia and Santos trail systems. Alafia is my new "home" trail. At least until I get to move out west…

I haven’t ridden the Bonnet Carre trails, but I did pass by them when I went fishing not too long ago. They had a bunch of people riding. Now that you mention it, I may try and head that way when I get back home

Just saying, I’m jealous of the great food yall have down there! 😀

Welcome! I will be in the northwestern area at the end of this month. I have family form there all the way down and toward Houma, where I was born actually. I’m hitting up the Ozarks on the way down from Nebraska for a couple of days. If you have questions about trails in the North, check me out or the photos I put up. Maybe one day, we’ll cross paths. I still need to hit the Beast. 😆 Take care and have a good one.

-GT

Good to see you here. I should be more active on the forum lol. I still haven’t ridden in La. It’s on my list. Especially the beast, just up the road from a customer.

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.