He has gone to the dark side!

Forums Mountain Bike Forum He has gone to the dark side!

--
SHARES

• Author

Goldengoose has moved to the dark side!!!

QUICK BAN HIM!

I still have my mtb shoes on. That has to count for something!

I’m pretty sure those wheels won’t work for rock gardens.

That’s definitely a fast looking bike, where have you been riding it?

Finished building it yesterday. Other than a quick 300 ft test ride on the street, today will be the proper maiden ride.

What is this?! Not enough MTB trails for you in GA? Maybe you should move out West! ;)

(I secretly want a road bike too)

Roadies are fun. You can go so far, so fast. Even on my heavy comuter bike wih a pannier full of stuff I average 15-17mph. It’s a great work out, because you never run out of gearing, you’re always pedaling. I hit 40mph on my morning comute route and haven’t spun out my big gear yet, and it’s a compact crank.

You will get jacked up when you crash though. Pavement is much more efficient at removing skin than dirt. Took my first fall yesterday. Road rash is highly annoying!!

I don’t want a road bike. I want a cyclocross bike. Best of both worlds. 😀

I went ahead and got my first crash out of the way yesterday at the same time I was getting my first real ride out of the way. Blew a front tire while turning and went sideways. I wasn’t more than 100 yards from the car. Got to pick a little asphalt out of my elbow and fix my piss poor wheel taping job. Luckily no major damage to the bike. I got over the initial worries about crashing pretty quickly and gave it the gas. Dustin, if you haven’t maxed those gears out yet you need bigger hills. I maxed out a 53front 11 rear last night and it was VERY fun. No idea how fast I was going. Thank God the road was smooth and none of the Buckhead F__kheads that drive in the area pulled out in front of me during that stretch of road.

Yeah come on up to Dahlonega! You can spin out a crankset pretty easily in these parts.

Luke! (inhale-exhale) Skinny tires are OK on the dark side. (inhale-exhale) You may need them to catch the Millinem Falcon. (inhale-exhale) Luke! (inhale-exhale) Cyclecross is half way to the Death Star. (inhale-exhale). May the Force go up in you! (inhale-exhale) 😄 Later,

Haha..The first thing I wondered was…"what is the darkside in MTB?".Then I saw Fat Billy posted so I really had to check out the thread.

I have no desire to ride one,I don’t trust people enough to not be doing something stupid in their Suburban or whatever other giant ass vehicle they’re texting in,so I stay off the road.We had 13 cyclists killed in this county in a year around 10 years ago and hearing that decided it for me.Other than that,I hate breathing exhaust fumes so I’ll stick to the woods,haha.

"May the Force go up in you" I’m still laughing about that!

"GoldenGoose" wrote

I went ahead and got my first crash out of the way yesterday at the same time I was getting my first real ride out of the way. Blew a front tire while turning and went sideways. I wasn’t more than 100 yards from the car. Got to pick a little asphalt out of my elbow and fix my piss poor wheel taping job. Luckily no major damage to the bike. I got over the initial worries about crashing pretty quickly and gave it the gas. Dustin, if you haven’t maxed those gears out yet you need bigger hills. I maxed out a 53front 11 rear last night and it was VERY fun. No idea how fast I was going. Thank God the road was smooth and none of the Buckhead F__kheads that drive in the area pulled out in front of me during that stretch of road.

Now that’s efficient! 😄

Glad to hear everything is alright.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.