hardtail for around 700

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Looking to buy a hardtail bike only have about 700 to spend. Can any one give me advise on what’s good. I’m 6ft 210 it would be nice to find a bike in that range. Thanks!

That is around what I paid for my Trek Marlin 29er hard tail. I have just over 1000 miles on it now with no issues at all! I havent even gotten a flat out on the trail yet! But now after saying that I will get one on the next ride I’m sure!

JF_

Just got a Trek(Gary Fisher Wahoo29er)love it and best of all under $700.00 😉

"JF_" wrote

Just got a Trek(Gary Fisher Wahoo29er)love it and best of all under $700.00 😉

Also a great bike for the money! I think the only real upgrade mine came with over the Wahoo is a very slightly better fork. But with SrSuntours customer loyalty program that is not a problem at all! Just call them up or go to you LBS and upgrade for an extreme discount!

Scott Aspect 940 29er HT with wet brakes, caught a 15% off sale, $627 sales tax included OTD

I almost got the Wahoo but the components on the Aspect were a step up and the wet brakes sealed the deal.

The brake modulation and power is fantastic, I won’t ever ride mechanical brakes again.

This… Nothing can touch these components for the price new IMO.

JF_
      "Osco" wrote

Scott Aspect 940 29er HT with wet brakes, caught a 15% off sale, $627 sales tax included OTD

I almost got the Wahoo but the components on the Aspect were a step up and the wet brakes sealed the deal.

The brake modulation and power is fantastic, I won’t ever ride mechanical brakes again.

No doubt thats an awsome bike, and hydraulic disc brakes are a big + 😎

"Stl_Greaser" wrote

That is around what I paid for my Trek Marlin 29er hard tail. I have just over 1000 miles on it now with no issues at all! I havent even gotten a flat out on the trail yet! But now after saying that I will get one on the next ride I’m sure!

Better break out the patch kit, you’re doomed! 😆

"gar29" wrote

[quote="Stl_Greaser":3civahls]That is around what I paid for my Trek Marlin 29er hard tail. I have just over 1000 miles on it now with no issues at all! I havent even gotten a flat out on the trail yet! But now after saying that I will get one on the next ride I’m sure!

Better break out the patch kit, you’re doomed! 😆[/quote:3civahls]

I keep a patch kit with me for the tires and myself. Never had to use the one for the tires… 😆 😳

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.