Greetings!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

Greetings fellow MTB’ers. Just signed up here, although I have been "lurking" for awhile now.
      Not new to MTBing, but have recently enjoyed a renewed vigor for it. Subsequently, I have also recently upgraded to a new ride a couple of weeks ago and have put over 100 miles on it just riding evenings after work. I am totally enjoying it. Never rode clipless before now either, but I decided to with the new bike and let me just say to those of you who are trying to decide whether or not to clip in, just DO it! I am so impressed with the difference in the pedaling efficiency. Can’t believe I never tried it before.

I don’t ride competitively, just for recreation and fitness, but I love the solitude of going back further than the crowds and off the beaten path, so to speak. It’s all good!

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know all of you and reading of your trail exploits. Keep up the good work and positive reinforcement!

[quote="gullywhumper"]

I don’t ride competitively, just for recreation and fitness, but I love the solitude of going back further than the crowds and off the beaten path, so to speak. It’s all good!" 😃

I could have written those exact words. Amen brother – welcome to the forum. Ever get to western Virginia be glad to show you some "off the beaten path" type of trails.

CCR, I am in north central PA, but I have a sister & B-I-L near Smith Mountain Lake in VA. How far are you from there?

Likewise, if any of you ever find yourselves in NC PA and want to ride some beautiful country, just give me a heads-up. I’ll be glad to show you around our neck of the woods!

gw

"gullywhumper" wrote

CCR, I am in north central PA, but I have a sister & B-I-L near Smith Mountain Lake in VA. How far are you from there?

Likewise, if any of you ever find yourselves in NC PA and want to ride some beautiful country, just give me a heads-up. I’ll be glad to show you around our neck of the woods!

gw

Sounds good. Smith Mountain Lake is a half hour east of Roanoke, where I work. Bring your bike when you come down for a visit. I occasionally get up to Sayre PA and Wayland NY on work trips, but carrying a bike there is not usually an option. There’s good backcountry type riding around Montvale on the Jefferson National Forest (just north of the lake). There is "civilized" singletrack at Explore Park, Carvins Cove and Mill Mountain.

CCR,
      Small world, man. Sayre is less than an hour from me and Wayland, NY is about an hour and a quarter. Go figure…

I’ve only been to SML once since sis moved there about four years ago. Then we spent most of the week on the water. Just couldn’t get into the bass on that trip, but would like to get down again sometime when work permits. When that happens, I’ll give you a shout and lash the bike on!!

gw

Hi,

I am Stella and I really I like bike race. I also want to be a part of it. I like speed, thrill. It is a very interesting and useful forum for us. Thanks for sharing such useful information with us.

Stella

Greetings Gullywhumper. Welcome aboard Singletracks. It’s always a pleasure to meet new members. If there’s anything we can help you with just drop a line and someone will always be glad to lend a hand. Have fun and ride hard!!!

I am also a newbie to this site / forum and I must say it is a cool way to hear from people that love to hit the trail. I’ve been reading the site and forum for a while now but wanted to say howdy to everyone. I can learn a lot from everyone on here and look forward to mtb junkies and future posts.

Many thanks Mongoose! You’re right about the other sites. Singletracks is the one and only site to visit. Once you come, you’ll never leave. I feel like I’ve found a home baby!!!

Welcome to the forum harberc. Pleasure to have ya aboard. If theres anything we here on singletracks can ever help you with, feel free to shout 😃

"harberc" wrote

I am also a newbie to this site / forum and I must say it is a cool way to hear from people that love to hit the trail. I’ve been reading the site and forum for a while now but wanted to say howdy to everyone. I can learn a lot from everyone on here and look forward to mtb junkies and future posts.

Welcome Harberc. Good to see some folks posting on here. What part of Ohio are you from (sorry didn’t recognize the town name)? I hear the Wayne National Forest has some good cross country riding – if thats what you are into.

Thanks CraigCreekRider! I’m in central Ohio in the ‘burbs just east of Columbus. I am heading down to Wayne later this year for some fun. Right now, I ride a lot at Alum Creek State Park. They have a couple phases to their singletracks (intermediate and advanced) and both are a blast to ride. My family has some land in southern Ohio so I also love to blaze my own trail in the woods whenever I get down there.

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.