Greetings from NoVA!

Forums Mountain Bike Forum Greetings from NoVA!

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Howdy all, just dropping in to say hi and hopefully to learn some more of the in’s an out’s of mountain biking (terminology mainly, this is still kind of like a foreign language to me….) Name’s Gil, been in the Marines for 7 1/2 years now and I’m stationed in Quantico, VA. Just got my first "REAL" mountain bike two days ago (Gary Fisher Marlin), and have since then put close to 15 miles on it. Did my first trail ride this afternoon/evening with a buddy and a group of people that he knows, and had a BLAST! we rode some trails up in Lorton, VA. Great site from what I can see so far, I hope to learn a lot on here. L8r!

Welcome to the party, devil dog! Quite a few vets round these parts…

Welcome!

"JarheadMtnBkr" wrote

Howdy all, just dropping in to say hi and hopefully to learn some more of the in’s an out’s of mountain biking (terminology mainly, this is still kind of like a foreign language to me….) Name’s Gil, been in the Marines for 7 1/2 years now and I’m stationed in Quantico, VA. Just got my first "REAL" mountain bike two days ago (Gary Fisher Marlin), and have since then put close to 15 miles on it. Did my first trail ride this afternoon/evening with a buddy and a group of people that he knows, and had a BLAST! we rode some trails up in Lorton, VA. Great site from what I can see so far, I hope to learn a lot on here. L8r!

Welcome aboard JarheadMtnBkr. Always glad to have you servicemen on board. My nephew is a Marine presently serving a tour in southern Afghanistan. Glad you made the plunge and have discovered trail riding – your life will never be the same. Again, greetings from SW VA.

Glad to see such a good reception here! 😄

CraigCreek- you’re right, I’ll never be the same after discovering trail riding…I’m already addicted!

Thanks again for the warm welcome here!

Greetings from Central VA. I’m a little late to the party, but welcome. And thanks for your 7+ years of service. You’ll have to give us the downlow on the trails you ride up that way. I’ve ventured east, west and south, but haven’t ridden any NOVA trails yet. Enjoy!

Fleetwood – From what I can tell, I mean I only did my first singletrack yesterday (8 miles), and it was great! Lots of terrain changes, some technical parts, some easy relaxing sections, and just an overall great time! I’d highly reccomend it.

Welcome Devil Dog!

AF here. Got family in NoVa, on my last visit I got to check out the USMC musuem. BADASS! really well done

"Steven_Ned" wrote

Welcome Devil Dog!

AF here. Got family in NoVa, on my last visit I got to check out the USMC musuem. BADASS! really well done

Indeed it is. I actually just got married up there at the Marine Corps Museum Chapel this past weekend.

"JarheadMtnBkr" wrote

[quote="Steven_Ned":2b3cw61u]Welcome Devil Dog!

Indeed it is. I actually just got married up there at the Marine Corps Museum Chapel this past weekend.[/quote:2b3cw61u]

well congrats!! I’ll be tying the knot in two months

Welcome from Richmond, VA. Semper Fi, my friend… 😎

"Semper Paratus" here (retired US Coast Guard). I have been all up around and through Northern VA. Nice area, but the traffic is horrendous! 😠

This forum is great and there’s a ton of excellent info on here! Enjoy!!!

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.