Greetings!

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hey all, just signed up today!

only recently have i started hitting the trails. living in Fargo, ND the only close trails i can run are near the river.

im finding that i end up going the wrong direction on the trails, is there any sort of etiquette or guidelines i should keep in mind to stay on the right trail? the last thing i wanna do is collide with someone doin 15-20mph!

Hey Tony,

It always nice seeing new people picking up mountain biking.  As far as most trials go, there is no right or wrong way.  It is about what direction you like going.  Now keep in mind every now and then you might come across a trail that has specific directions to go, but they will have plenty of signs telling you which way.  As far as etiquette goes, bikes yeild to both horses and hikers.   When it comes to biker vs biker, the one going uphill has the right of way.  The only other tip I have is, I use bear bells on my trail bikes so that people can hear me coming even if there are blind corners.  Anyways if you have any more question feel free to aks and enjoy riding.

+1 to getting a bell!

I know what you mean about feeling like you’re going the wrong way on the trail. I noticed this when I moved to Colorado and the thing is, most trails don’t have a “right” way, but many do have generally accepted “better” directions to ride. Just pay attention and the next time you ride the trail, go the other direction and you’ll feel like a local in no time. 🙂

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.