Good full suspension XC bike for around $1000?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I have been out of the mountain bike scene for awhile and I am ready to get back in.

I know I want a full suspension bike, but I want to be able to climb hills too. My old bike is all downhill oriented, and I like the aggressiveness of it, but I want something lighter and the ability to go uphill as well. Slightly heavier is ok with me, as I like the geometry of downhill bikes over full XC bikes. I just need a good in between bike.

I am looking at this bike:
      [url:19rmsdcl]http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/BI279B01-Jamis+Xam+10+Bike+08.aspx[/url:19rmsdcl]

Seems like a solid bike for the price, but I really don’t know much about what is out there now. And I can’t afford too much more.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. I can’t really speak to Jamis bikes, but maddslacker might point you to a Jamis full suspension for half that price…

To be clear, that link is to an all mountain bike, not XC

I don’t own a Jamis either, but I’ve heard good things about them.

This post is getting dated, but the concepts are still valid:
      viewtopic.php?p=15412

And yes, JensonUSA has a Jamis Dakar XC for $549 😃

Looks like they also have a nice Rocky Mountain Element for $849. It’s a sweet bike too.

Thanks for your input, and your right, it is an all mountain bike that I am more interested in. I like the price of those other bikes, but the specs of the XAM are more what I am looking for.

Thanks for your help!

Have fun shopping!

I mentioned the all mountain thing because your title says ‘XC’ 😉

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.