Giant Trance X1, Trek EX 8, or Santa Cruz Blur XC?

Mountain bike trails & Mountain bike reviews Protected: Forums Mountain Bike Forum Giant Trance X1, Trek EX 8, or Santa Cruz Blur XC?

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Help!
      I ride mostly in the Mid West so that mean rolling hills and fast river runs. I like the short technical trails, but always enjoy a good 20-30 mile ride. I cannot decide which bike I like more.
      I know that with the Giant Trance X1, I get great bang for the buck, awesome components, and the awesome Maestro Suspension. Then there is the Trek EX 8. I currently ride a Fuel EX ’01-’02, F.S. not sure on exact date. Finally the Blur XC which also seems like a great bike. I also still have not ruled out the Titus FTM (little pricey).
      I cannot decide, I could really use some input on what you all think. Pros-Cons, experiences on any of these bikes would be appreciated.

For me… warranty is a selling point. I know Trek & Giant have a lifetime warranty on the frame. Santa Cruz is only a 2 year warranty i believe and not sure about Titus. Fact of the matter is they are all awesome bikes so i can’t tell you which to buy but for me….that piece of mind that comes from having a lifetime warranty goes a long way.

"jmd842001" wrote

Help!
      I ride mostly in the Mid West so that mean rolling hills and fast river runs. I like the short technical trails, but always enjoy a good 20-30 mile ride. I cannot decide which bike I like more.
      I know that with the Giant Trance X1, I get great bang for the buck, awesome components, and the awesome Maestro Suspension. Then there is the Trek EX 8. I currently ride a Fuel EX ’01-’02, F.S. not sure on exact date. Finally the Blur XC which also seems like a great bike. I also still have not ruled out the Titus FTM (little pricey).
      I cannot decide, I could really use some input on what you all think. Pros-Cons, experiences on any of these bikes would be appreciated.

I have the BlurLT which I love dearly, its a slighty stretched out version of the XC bike with a bit more front end travel. The VPP suspension handles great, no pedal bob going up, and soaks up moderate to heavy hits without a hiccup. Pricey though. Never heard anything bad about the Trance either, but don’t know much about the Trek you mention. Umm, sounds like you got some bikes to try out…..

I say the Trance 😃 But again i am a tad biased because thats what i love. But i must say all my experiences are great 😎

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.