Giant Stance 2 vs stance 1

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hi all I am new to this forum and mtb. I recently went out on some fairly technical singletrack with my specialized hardrock. It was fun but I got beat up. I’m in the market for a new bike.

Is the difference between the Giant stance 2 and stance 1 worth the extra $600+ ?

First, MSRP difference between the two I’m looking at is $450 ( Spec for 1 | Spec for 2 ). These may not be the models or years you’re looking at but if so, let the LBS know that the added price is a little steep.

Secondly, I think the upgraded fork and drivetrain is probably worth $450. An Alivio 3×9 setup on a $1,500 bike is a travesty. The 2 should have at least come with an SLX setup.

"schwim" wrote

First, MSRP difference between the two I’m looking at is $450 ( Spec for 1 | Spec for 2 ). These may not be the models or years you’re looking at but if so, let the LBS know that the added price is a little steep.

Secondly, I think the upgraded fork and drivetrain is probably worth $450. An Alivio 3×9 setup on a $1,500 bike is a travesty. The 2 should have at least come with an SLX setup.

Thank you, I appreciate the response. I think my LBS may have one model on sale and not the other. I will still be sure to ask about the pricing.

"schwim" wrote

That is weird. I would expect the Deore setup on the cheaper one and SLX on the $1900 bike.

I got the Stance 2 from a local shop for a good price ($1300) and love it.
      The only difference in suspension is the stance 1 has fork has a push lock out (remote I believe) Stance 2 lockout is on the fork, shock is the same.
      The big difference is the 1 has Shimano Deore derailer with 2×10 gearing vs the 2 has Shimano Alivio with 3×9 gearing. I would perfer the 2×10 but did not think it worth the difference in price.

Congrats on your new ride! You being happy with your acquisition is all that counts. If you’re having fun on the trail, you bought the right bike 😀

Be sure to share some trail stories with us!

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.