Giant Stance 2 (2018) worth it?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

what do you guys think about the Giant Stance 2 (2018)? is it worth the $1500 price tag?

i need your help guys. newbie here

You might compare it to the Marin Hawk Hill at the same price.  All positive reviews.  I just bought one and looked closely at and rode the Stance before making the decision.  I liked it, but my local Giant dealer more or less talked me out of the Stance, based on the rear suspension design.  Said it created a good amount of “pedal bob” on climbs.  I can tell you that the Hawk Hill has no such issue from my experience.

The 2018 Stance 2 has a droppers post and a remote front fork lockout, and tubeless tires. These features were found on Stance 0 & Stance 1 models between ’15-’17…for a lot more money.

I realize the Maestro suspension (Trance = $1000 more than Stance) & suspensions from other companies are awesome, but Giant began offering the Stance suspension with the ’15 Stance & female Lust/ Embolden, so it must be reliable…otherwise they would have discontinued it.

The Deore drivetrain components also have a good reputation.

Everything is relative…each price range gives the buyer something more…but I think we are getting a lot for the money with the ’18 Stance 2.

No question that it’s a good bike for that price point.  Giant is great at providing value.  I own a Giant hardtail and it has served me very well.  It’s a good thing that the $1500 FS bike market has now become a more competitive arena for consumers.  Nice to have quality choices like the Stance and Hawk Hill.

I have a 2015 Stance and I did a couple of mods, and added a dropper post. It is a great bike for the price, and even when I finally get a new bike, I plan on keeping the Stance. If for no other reason as a loaner to friends to ride with me. But that being said, if I had it to do over, I would go straight to the Trance.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.