Giant MCM One Carbon Fibre Mountain Bike re 1997

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hey , Otto here . I am trying to find out as much information I can about Giants MCM One Carbon fibre mountain bike series , particularly the MCM ONE 1997 Carbon Fibre model , I think its from around 1997 . Well , I got one here cheap , the forks were shot , however I really liked the look of the frame & it appeared to be in very good condition . Anyway , it has mavic wheels with panaracer tyres , I bought a pair of forks on ebay ( Manitou’s worth $300.00 for $50.00 . I then replaced the headstem , with a 110 mm headstem , new handle bars , (mountain bike handle bars) , replaced the seat with an old selle Italia , replaced the headset & now it rides like an absolute rocket , it still very light even with the new components . I have been searching the net for information on this model , however I have only found scraps of information on this particular bike . I have taken it on some pretty tough terrain so far & it hasn’t missed a beat , even though i’ve had a few balls’n’all spills , it is a strong bike from what I can conclude so far , although i know with carbon fibre there is always a risk of a small crack becoming disastrous , so far , everything seems all good in that regard . I was once a bicycle courier in this city , saw this bike for cheap in the local classifieds , really liked the frame shape from this particular series from Giant , so i thought it would be a good fixer up . Anyway , as it has turned out , it is probably the fastest & strongest hard tail i have owned & constantly ridden with very little maintenance required , just the usual . I was wondering if anyone out there has any information about this particular mountain bike , thank you , Otto

Start here:
      http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/Bike … eqSoRpDvDI

Here are some user reviews:
      http://www.mtbr.com/cat/older-categorie … 91crx.aspx

As an aside, Giant has always been known for their fun and pleasant geometry. Once you wear this bike out, have a look at the newer xTC Carbon.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.