Giant ATX Pro

Forums Mountain Bike Forum Giant ATX Pro

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

I have seen these frames on Ebay for reasonable money but cannot find dimensions on the frame. I am thinking a 15.5" frame will be perfect for me 5’7 long torso short legs, my current Wal Mart bike Schwinn is a bit long fo rme I am too bent over and elbows pretty much locked which is starting to hurt my back. Anyone know where I can find dimensions of the Giant frame?

i did some quick searching, and it looks to me like the Giant ATX frame is the same frame as a Giant XtC just with differant decals, so if you go to Giant’s website they should have the geo on thier.

Thanks! I plan to ride XC trails and occasional downhill I don’t forsee 6′ dropoffs from boulders or big air jumps what would be a good fork for my app??

i would go with pretty much any 100mm travel Fox fork personally, but thats just me, with that frame i wouldnt go over 100mm of travel, but you might be able to get away with 120mm, the only forks i would steer clear of are the Rock Shox Darts, any thing from SR Suntour, and RST.

just keep in mind that you can buy a brand new Giant XtC for $1100, so if you spec the bike out and your price goes over that amount, and the specs you pick are not any nicer than want comes stock on the brand new bike, you just might want to look into just buying a complete bike.

I plan to shop around, I have all winter so that will keep the cost down. (hopefully) I figured forks and brakes are where I will look for top notch stuff and go middle of the road with the rest. Thanks again

I am a bit miffed. Giants website list a 16" frame for the XTC and the seller lists a 15.5, 17, 19" frames? The top tube on my Schwinn measures 22.5" which is long and beats me up on long rides.

I’m 5’8" with short legs and a long torso like you described.

I have a Giant Trance in 16" and it fits great with a 100mm stem.
      My Specialized Rockhopper is listed as a 17" and it is a little too big for me.

Have a look at the Marzocchi 44 RLO
      http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/ … rk+10.aspx

It’s entry level and a bit heavy, but should work well for what you need, at a decent price.

I have an older Marzocchi MX Comp and the stupid thing just won’t die.

"MEMtbiker" wrote

I am a bit miffed. Giants website list a 16" frame for the XTC and the seller lists a 15.5, 17, 19" frames? The top tube on my Schwinn measures 22.5" which is long and beats me up on long rides.

The "frame" measurement is usually the seat tube, not the top tube…

I gotcha on the measurement I just noticed that with a 16" frame versus a 19" the other measurements are also smaller seat tube top tube etc

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.