Getting to be a bit hard to use the site.

Forums Mountain Bike Forum Getting to be a bit hard to use the site.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi there @Jeff ,

When you guys made it impossible to login while using a reputable VPN, I stopped visiting as much and disabled it to log in when I needed to see something on the site as I figured it was managed upstream and not necessarily something you would disable.

The ad block nag window at the bottom of every page is too much, however.  I’m a pro supporter and I’ve always had the adblock disabled for this site.  The protection mechanism, however, doesn’t see it the same way.  I’ve tried all the common fixes but nothing works.  I’ve re-enabled the adblock and blocked that nag window but your system is prepared for that, renaming the element on each different page so that it is sure to return. Clicking the “already a supporter?” takes me to my profile page that thanks me for supporting the site with no options to satiate the nag window.

If this can’t be resolved, I don’t think I’ll continue to use the site, it’s just too much of a hassle to close the window on every page load and there’s a ton of alternatives out there in regards to mapping sites that I’m able to use without an issue like this.

If it can be suppressed somehow on your end, please hook me up, if it can’t, I’ve loved hanging out with you guys in the past and I wish you the best in the future.

Thanks!
      Jason

Jason, I too was experiencing the panhandling popup. I finally hit the already a supporter thingy again and scrolled down to see it reflects my status correctly. I hit the save button at the bottom of the page and it has not popped up with the panhandling 5/8ths page ad since.

We’ll see how long it works but worth trying for kicks n grins…

Typed too soon, evidently!

Kinda is old that we, as supporters are remotely tolerating being mislead into supporting when the damn thing has this popup fetish going on…

Jeff, just one of many jobs….

Just got a complete refusal to load the forum by cloudflare for using my VPN so I think I’m calling it on the site.  If anyone needs me, I’ll be over on MTBR.

Take care everyone!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.