Getting psyched for a ride

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author

Do any of y’all mentally pump up for a ride?

When I know I’ve got one coming that day (especially after work), I start jonesing in the early afternoon. I start hydrating early, and by the time I’m off the bus, I’m ready to run to my place and slap the sled on the car.

On the drive to the trail, I find myself cranking some high energy tunes (yesterday was Avenged Sevenfold), and if the diet and the hydration correlate, I practically skip out of the car and launch out of the parking lot. Needless to say, I’m PSYCHED.

Any of you guys have a pre-ride pump-up that you try to adhere to?

I get psyched up for the ride because I know I can’t have any beer untill I’m finished. An hour and a half trail ride makes the beer work better at the end. LOL 😄 Later,

"fat_billy" wrote

I get psyched up for the ride because I know I can’t have any beer untill I’m finished. An hour and a half trail ride makes the beer work better at the end. LOL 😄 Later,

Haha, ain’t that the truth! I took a newbie out riding yesterday, and she works for Sam Adams – she showed up with a six-pack sampler for me to say "thanks." Now THAT’S a pleasant surprise!

i always think about the ride in my head over and over, turns,climbs, downhills and ect. kinda like muscle memory in golf. and i always crank up the sabbath or dio on the way thats a must. and dont forget to let it rip!!!!

Fitch, A girl, riding a MTB AND bringing beer? Sounds like perfection! 😄 Later,

For me, it’s when the gloves go on. A weird sense of control and "badassness" comes over me when I put the gloves on. There’s nothing special about them, at all, just a pair of full finger fox’s, but man when I grip the bar with them I feel energy. I remember it being the same when I was younger racing BMX. At the top of the gate, before I took stage, I’d strap down the helmet and gloves tight, and get amped.

I guess it’s like my cape or something… haha.

I should develope some sort of ritual for them so it’s cooler to talk about. 😆

Kentucky Roush 😎

"bikenut1" wrote

and i always crank up the sabbath or dio on the way thats a must. and dont forget to let it rip!!!!

Dio, lol. Now you are taking me back! Holy Diver and Rainbow in the Dark are going on the IPOD right now.

"kyroush" wrote

I guess it’s like my cape or something… haha.

Hahahaha – dude, that’s AWESOME. Anything that pumps you up like that is worth it’s weight in gold. No matter what, you keep those gloves, ya hear?!? 😃

Unless I’m miserably tired, that pumped feeling never leaves me. I swear I’m psyched for the next ride round the clock until it happens. Some music does put me over the edge of psychedness especially hard pumping dubstep or fast metal with lots of double bass. The "WOMP WOMP WOMP" and the bass does it for me. 😆

For me, I am always thinking about riding but the true **pumped** feeling doesn’t hit until I am in the car, heading to the hill. Then, it is loud rock all the way. I throw on Sirius Octane and hope it doesn’t let me down.

"GoldenGoose" wrote

[quote="bikenut1":37pybczk] and i always crank up the sabbath or dio on the way thats a must. and dont forget to let it rip!!!!

Dio, lol. Now you are taking me back! Holy Diver and Rainbow in the Dark are going on the IPOD right now.[/quote:37pybczk]

a little Maiden for me to get fired up.

"Fitch" wrote

Do any of y’all mentally pump up for a ride?

When I know I’ve got one coming that day (especially after work), I start jonesing in the early afternoon. I start hydrating early, and by the time I’m off the bus, I’m ready to run to my place and slap the sled on the car.

On the drive to the trail, I find myself cranking some high energy tunes (yesterday was Avenged Sevenfold), and if the diet and the hydration correlate, I practically skip out of the car and launch out of the parking lot. Needless to say, I’m PSYCHED.

Any of you guys have a pre-ride pump-up that you try to adhere to?

avenge sevenfold! yeah!!!!!

Sometimes I get Psyched up, but it depends on the day.

Am I the only one here that ever feels like I have to drag myself out to the trail? Most of the time, I just don’t feel like gathering my gear together, filling up the hydration pack, loading the bike, and driving out into the forest to wade through the humidity.

BUT, once I’m out there I always feel amazing! I always wonder why it took so much mental effort to get me there, and then I just ride and ride! Afterwards I always feel so chill and mellow….

Anyone else have motivational issues?

Try putting your gloves on at home… that would get me ready 😆

Biggest thing for me is I like to go early in the morning, but HATE clearing the spider webs out for everyone else. sucks! I haven’t had a motivation problem in that sense before, at least not yet, but I’m going to start training for some fall TT’s so I’ll probably encounter it on days when I just feel beat! try youtubing some singletrack videos to get your mind right before you go?

… like the ones you have on your website haha. At any rate, it’s what I do before I ride.

"kyroush" wrote

Biggest thing for me is I like to go early in the morning, but HATE clearing the spider webs out for everyone else. sucks!

Another "Breakfast Club" member.

"brianW" wrote

[quote="kyroush":1a9gphox]

Biggest thing for me is I like to go early in the morning, but HATE clearing the spider webs out for everyone else. sucks!

Another "Breakfast Club" member.[/quote:1a9gphox]

Early morning rides are where its at this time of year, but I’m with you on the spider webs…

"mtbgreg1" wrote

Sometimes I get Psyched up, but it depends on the day.

Am I the only one here that ever feels like I have to drag myself out to the trail? Most of the time, I just don’t feel like gathering my gear together, filling up the hydration pack, loading the bike, and driving out into the forest to wade through the humidity.

BUT, once I’m out there I always feel amazing! I always wonder why it took so much mental effort to get me there, and then I just ride and ride! Afterwards I always feel so chill and mellow….

Anyone else have motivational issues?

Oh yeah.
      I was going to ride last Thursday, but it was supposed to rain then so I went out on Wednesday instead. The entire time I was getting ready, the huge Honey-do list was running through my head. Get to the trail, ride up the hill and start to go down the back and endo, .4 miles into the ride. Get up, check the bike, and dust myself off. Then I laugh at myself for being such a dumbass. Get back on and keep riding, had an absolute BLAST.

Usually, I have no problem getting out there. Sometimes it’s one of the hardest things to do, but it does make the ride just a bit sweeter.

Unless I’ve got someone else with me I’m kind of dragging myself around getting my stuff together. The ride to the trail’s good, but something I’ve heard thrown around has always stuck with me is this: A bad day on a bike is always better than a good day at the office.

I think I’m mainly just pumped to be out there.

Okay, tried it yall’s way, with a good jam on the way to the tracks… WOW, i was so ready. I went with "I hope you die" by Bloodhound gang, haha. Sooooo, subject matter is a little rough but the guitar and double bass, heck yeah! I had my 29er carvin today!

To have a truly valid test you’ll need to test the opposite type of music.
      For the next ride, play Kenny G all the way there and see how it goes. 😼

HAHA!! kenny G! maybe I will try some Barry White, and see how that makes me feel heading out to the trails. 😆

Viewing 20 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.