Getting back in after 10 year lay off

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hello all,

I live in central MD and got back into mountain biking last summer. Bought a left over 2007 Fisher caliber for my 50th B day. Got my 14 year old son into the sport too. He rides a Mongoose dualie.

First got into the sport in 1988 and rode alot until 1998-99. Have ridden Avalon, McKeldin, Savage, Fountainhead, Liberty & Patuxent back in the day.

As soon as it dries out some we’ll be hitting the dirt. I’m always looking for new cool singletrack. Thru this great website it looks like there’s some good stuff in Montgomery Co. of all places!!

Still getting the legs & lungs back, so I only go fast on downhills 😃

If you don’t mind a slower pace drop us a PM.

Bryan

First and foremost, welcome to the site and welcome back to the sport.

If you haven’t been yet you should check out Schaffer farms. They have 2 great loops, a shorter beginner level trail, and a larger intermediate-advanced level trail.

I’m going to try to get out sometime in the next few weeks assuming conditions are good. Looks like we’ll be seeing some good weather finally this weekend.

Thanks for the welcome jboyd!

I read about Shaffer farms thru this website. I will definitely be checking the place out. My son is gaining more experience in the bike handling department with every ride. I love riding tough technical stuff because I’m a long time motorcycle observed trial competitor. It’s fun to watch my son make progress.

When I stopped riding I was on a hardtail Fisher HK II with a flexstem! The XC suspension of the Caliber is simply amazing and it’s only 80mm of travel. The HiFi must be unreal!!

Bryan

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.