functional question

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

I ride my bike to work 3+ times per week. I have an ankle strap to keep my pants out of the front ring. I don’t always remember them though. Is there another way to keep my pants from getting shredded, stained or gum up my ring?

Thanks.

Tuck it in your socks or roll it up high-water style. Or, tight roll your pants or use pins – 80’s style! 😮 😮

If you wear nice pants or just don’t want to taint your pant leg,then I would suggest rolling up the pant leg.It’s been forever since I rode with pants worth not messing up but I do remember rolling up the pant leg to keep it from getting greasy or torn.

I used to ‘peg’ my pants 80’s style when i was a skater in the late 80’s. Wow that’s hard to say. If there really is no other way, just hoping there would be a miracle solution.

Thanks for the quick response.

You can always go old fashion and get a chain guard…..

Heck,why not,I seen a dude at the trail head this past weekend with a kickstand on his mountain bike in full use,hahahahahahaaha. 😮 😮

You might try these-Military blousing straps, it won’t leave hard creases in your pants like rolling will. Just fold em over, and wrap these around to keep cuffs from getting dirty, caught, etc. Cheap fix.

[url:1ks8ax5m]http://www.armysurplusworld.com/product.asp?ProductID=18597[/url:1ks8ax5m]

"dauw" wrote

Tuck it in your socks or roll it up high-water style. Or, tight roll your pants or use pins – 80’s style! 😮 😮

+1.

Tuck in socks, or roll it up high.

Tried plain old rubber bands?

"Shortline" wrote

You might try these-Military blousing straps, it won’t leave hard creases in your pants like rolling will. Just fold em over, and wrap these around to keep cuffs from getting dirty, caught, etc. Cheap fix.

Word – that’s exactly what I use.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.