FS: 2013 Specialized Carve Expert – Size L – Roval Control

Singletracks Mountain Bike News, Reviews, MTB Trails and Community Protected: Forums Mountain Bike Forum FS: 2013 Specialized Carve Expert – Size L – Roval Control

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

2013 Specialized Carve Expert 29

Bike link:
      [url:kesv999s]http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/archive/2013/carve/carveexpert[/url:kesv999s]
      Wheelset link:
      [url:kesv999s]http://www.specialized.com/us/en/ftb/wheels/roval-mtb-xc-race/roval-control-29[/url:kesv999s]

Price:
      My cash price is $1350 + shipping (probably $125). This bike’s MSRP is $1800 and the Roval Control wheelset MSRP is $700. So new this setup would cost you over $2500 not including the changes that I’ve made such as the GC and Shadow+ RD. The bike is less than 1 y.o.

Purchased at Chicky and Chippi in Saginaw, MI – July 2013 – authorized Specialized dealer

Weight:
      Under 25lbs with/without clipless pedals.

Upgrades include:
      [list:kesv999s]1×10 setup with Wolftooth 42t GC and Racefact 32t chainring (I do not have the FD and shifter as those went to my wife’s bike)[/list:u:kesv999s]
      [list:kesv999s]Roval Control wheelset setup tubeless with decals removed (I have pictures of the bike with the decals but they were the gold decals and were peeling so they were removed)[/list:u:kesv999s]
      [list:kesv999s]Shimano XT Shadow+ medium cage RD[/list:u:kesv999s]
      [list:kesv999s]Ergon GP1 black grips size L[/list:u:kesv999s]
      [list:kesv999s]Setup tubeless 2 bliss[/list:u:kesv999s]

Wear and tear:
      Less than 100mi (as verified by cyclo-computer that comes with bike) on the bike. Normal to minimal wear and tear; almost perfect. Minimal scratches and zero dings. I did have some issues when setting up the GC and there was some rear chaindrop so there are some scratches on the inside of the RD cage. Second thing I want to note, I cracked the bleeder on the front brake and was not able to bleed it correctly however it still works but when hung from front wheel it bleeds down due to air. I will take to the shop next week to have them bleed it and adjust the brakes.

Extras:
      Includes Specialized cyclo-computer that shows the mileage, etc.
      NIB Specialized 29er tube in case tubeless goes awry on you.
      I will include a set of Crank brother’s candy 2’s to sweeten the deal (pun).

FRAME
      Specialized M4SL Aluminum, 29er frame w/ XC geometry, fully butted w/ smooth welding, tapered headtube and seat tube, forged post mount 160mm disc dropouts, alloy replaceable der. hanger
      REAR SHOCK
      FORK
      RockShox Reba RL 29", TurnKey damping w/ Push-Loc remote lock out, Solo Air spring, tapered alloy steerer, 32mm alloy stanchions, external rebound adj., 100mm travel
      HEADSET
      Integrated 1-1/8" upper and 1-1/2" lower threadless, Campy-style, full cartridge bearings
      STEM
      Specialized 3D forged 6061 alloy, 4 bolt clamp, 7º rise, 31.8mm
      HANDLEBARS
      Flat bar, 6061 double butted alloy, 700mm wide, 10º backsweep, 4º upsweep, 31.8mm
      GRIPS
      Ergon GP1 size L
      FRONT BRAKE
      Avid Elixir 3R, hydraulic disc, G2 CleanSweep 180mm rotor
      REAR BRAKE
      Avid Elixir 3R, hydraulic disc, G2 CleanSweep 160mm rotor
      BRAKE LEVERS
      Avid Elixir 3R, hydraulic lever, tool-less reach adjust
      FRONT DERAILLEUR
      None
      REAR DERAILLEUR
      Shimano Deore XT Shadow+, 10-Speed, M cage
      SHIFT LEVERS
      Shimano Deore, 10-speed Rapidfire plus, SL type
      CASSETTE
      SRAM PG 1030, 10-speed cassette, 11-42 (Wolftooth GC)
      CHAIN
      KMC X-10, 10-speed w/ reusable Missing Link
      CRANKSET
      Stock
      CHAINRINGS
      32, aluminum
      BOTTOM BRACKET
      SRAM GXP BB for 2pc, 73mm shell
      PEDALS
      None
      RIMS
      Specialized Roval Control 29 with decals removed
      FRONT HUB
      Roval 240
      REAR HUB
      Roval 240
      SPOKES
      Stainless, 2.0mm (14g)
      FRONT TIRE
      Specialized Ground Control, 29×2.1", aramid bead, 60TPI
      REAR TIRE
      Specialized Ground Control, 29×2.1", aramid bead, 60TPI
      INNER TUBES
      Presta valve
      SADDLE
      Specialized Body Geometry Carve SL, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm width
      SEATPOST
      Specialized 2 bolt head, forged alloy, 12.5mm offset, micro adjust, 27.2mm, 350mm or 400mm
      SEAT BINDER
      31.8mm, forged alloy QR, brass washer
      NOTES
      chainstay protector, reflectors, clear coat, owners manual

I am going to be in Detroit on 6.20.14 if anyone wants to look at the bike, please let me know.

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.