Fort Sasketchewan mountain bike club

Tagged: 

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

About a month ago a friend and i went to Fort Sask. to go riding. We had heard there was some good trails there. It was 34 degrees and probably to hot for a ride. My riding partner Scott has a new baby so even though it was too hot he has to take riding time when he can get it. I’m usually in and the ride is by the river in the trees it would be fine.

Anyways about 7 kilometers in we were going through water fast and the mosquitos were the worst i have ever seen them. Thats pretty bad as i grew up in the country beside a lake and stagnent pond. We came around a corner and could hear a weed wacker.

There was a guy on the trail cleaning up the the over growth. This is no where near a road so he had walked in. The first thing he said to us is, “are you the guys that used round up on the trail?’ we told him we had never been there before. He was a little distraught because he was worried about the brush. He told us he was the club pres for the local bike club and that it had been too hot to ride so he thought he would walk in and maintain the trail. I was blown away… 33 degrees, mosquitos like i have never seen them and this guy had walked in and was concerned someone had made his job easier with chemicals.
      Probably one of the most dedicated biekrs i have ever met. Anyways he almost folded the club becasue he couldnt get people out. There is no web page but his name is Guy. I don’t want to publish his personal info on the web as i am sure he runs it out of his house but if anyone is interested in contacting him to join let me know. They ride every wednesday night.

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.