fork upgrade

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

curently ride a giant yukon hard tail. like the bike, hate the rockshox dart 1 fork. looking for 4 in travel on a budget

Well, here’s a good place to start,

http://www.singletracks.com/mountain-bi … php?mtb=10

What exactly are you going to be looking for budget wise? This will help narrow it down a bit.

The Rock Shox Tora 302 is what I have on my rock hopper. However I do not have the adjustable travel and I think mine is only 110mm. I ride alot of technical trails and some fun tech downhill. Its probably not the best, like I said I don’t have the extra travel this one provides. I think that if I had the extra travel it would be huge. I really like this fork. Good luck in your search.

I had the Rock Shox Tora 312 on my Fuel, and it worked pretty well- until I got back from a long road trip, did one bunny hop, and the thing essentially "blew up", leaking oil and was totally irreparable.
      I have been using the Rock Shox SID Team ever since, and I love it. It may not be for everyone, since it is pretty light compared to the Tora, it makes the front end of the bike very light- so much so I had to adjust my riding style. But this fork is pretty amazing, and works amazing. I ride singletrack that is pretty smooth, some roots and small rock gardens- I’ll test it on the REAL rocks when I head back out to Moab and Flagstaff next year.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.