Fork Recommendations?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

So I’m looking for a new fork.  I’ll probably end up buying used, but I’m still looking to see if anybody knows any particular models that are good, air-sprung, and fit these specs:

Non-tapered steerer tube

Non-through-axle

120-140mm travel

I’d prefer for a well-known brand, like RockShox or Fox.  If anybody has some models that come to mind, that’d be great!  If anybody has one they’re looking to sell, even better!  I know this isn’t the right place for buy/sell stuff but my main concern at the moment is identifying some models that would fit my needs.  Thanks!

What size tires, disc brakes?  Some of the new Suntours are pretty nice and not to pricey.  The Epixon TR for 27.5 is air, has both tapered and non tapered models.

The Rockshox Recon Silver is a good entry level air fork. They’re great for the price, they usually go for $210-$230 new so I imagine a used one would be under $200. It has compression and rebound adjustments, it’s plush on the rough stuff, and it fits all of your specs. The Recon was my first air fork and I’ve been pleased so far. I believe the Recon comes in a coil model so make sure to verify that it is definitely air before you (potentially) buy one.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.