For Sale: Scott Spark 30

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I am selling my 2009 Scott Spark.

I will include two brand new, still packaged Maxxis Crossmark tires. A used shock pump, and some new spare inner tubes. I will also ship the manual for the bike and shock, and some spacers for the shock.

$1700 + SHIPPING

I will not charge for packaging, just the exact shipping cost. We can work out which shipping method works best for you. I will ship the bike in the original Scott shipping box I received it in.

This is a really good deal. Original price for a 2011 is well over $3000.

DETAILS:

See lots of pictures: [url:1kj1s01n]http://www.creativefauna.com/bike[/url:1kj1s01n]

Size: Medium

Bought: Early April 2010

Usage: I rode this bike from when I took delivery (mid April) till sometime in late September. I rode on average, maybe once every two weeks. Rides averaged around 2-3hrs. I did not ride it in the wet and It has sat in my back room all winter.

Condition: It is in excellent condition, as you can see from the pictures. It is running smooth and has no mechanical issues. I have tried to highlight any scratches, dings etc. The ends of the cranks have the usual scrapes from knocking them on rocks. The seat has a small tear on the rear corner. The is a craze on the inner chain stay near the rotor. It has taken off some paint and exposed the carbon, but it is very very shallow and does not effect the integrity of the chain stay. Else where there are a few minor scratches and chips, usual wear stuff. The under side of the down tube is in immaculate condition. The front tire is in great shape the rear is showing a little wear. The rims have a few chips and scratches but are in excellent condition and still true. The forks and rear shock are in top shape and work flawlessly.

Reason for selling: I am looking to simplify things so I am building up a 29er SS hard tail. Additionally, I am 5ft 11 and the bike is a little too small for me. I should have gone with a large. 5ft 10 should be the max size for this size.

About the Scott Spark:

‘The Spark has set a worldwide standard for lightweight, race ready full suspension bikes. The sub 1790 gram (4 lb) frame and shock is a benchmark weight at 110mm (4.5 in) of travel. The bike is equipped with the patented 3-mode Traction Control system, operated via the handlebar mounted Tracloc switch. Race proven on the World Cup by Scott-Swisspower riders Thomas Frischknecht, Nino Schurter and Florian Vogel.’
      – Manufacturer’s description

‘This could be the lightest, most controllable and efficient marathon bike available.’
      ‘Outstandingly light and sweet handling, with unique shock control and huge upgrade potential’
      – What Mountain Bike Magazine

SPECS:

Frame & Fork:

Frame Material:

Scott Spark. IMP technology. HMF net integrated seatpost. Carbon Dropouts with replaceable hangar. Carbon swingarm with sealed aircraft bearings and 110mm of rear travel. Optimised SLS kinematic.
      Fork Model: Rock Shox Reba SL
      Rear Shock Model: Scott Nude TC

Brakes:

Brakes Model:
      Shimano SLX BR-M665 Disc

Transmission:

Cranks Model: 44/32/22 Tooth chainrings
      Bottom Bracket Model: Shimano Cartridge / 73mm shell
      Rear Derailleur Model: Shimano XT RD-M772 SGS
      Front Derailleur Model: Shimano SLX FC-M661
      Shifters Model: Shimano SLX SL-M660
      Cassette: Shimano CS-HG80. 11-32 Tooth range

Wheels:

Rims Model: Mavic Crossride Disc
      Front Hub Model: Mavic Crossride Disc Centre lock
      Rear Hub Model: Mavic Crossride Disc Centre lock
      Tyres: Schwalbe Rocket Ron 2.25

Contact Points:

Saddle Model: Scott Racing / CROM rails
      Seatpost Model: Scott RC 03-60 / 34.9mm
      Stem Model: Scott Pro OS
      Handlebar Model: Scott Pilot 18 Pro

GEOMETRY

Chainstays (in): 16.6
      Seat Tube (in): 17.7 in
      Standover Height (in): 29.8 (in)
      Top Tube (in): 23 in
      Wheelbase (in): 43.5 in
      Bottom Bracket Height (in): 12.9 in

i’m interested. how do I get in touch? [email protected]

Hi, is your bike still for sale? Contact me at following email is so:
      [email protected]

Thanks,
      Chad

Hello from Spain.
      The bike is still for sale?
      Greetings.

Hello again.
      Sorry my email is: [email protected]
      regards

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.