For Sale

Tagged: , , , ,

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

As some of you know, a friend and I are working on a design for a 650B titanium XC race bike. Prototype #1 arrived and unfortunately it is to small for him, and too large for me. Prototype #2 is on order, and we have decided to sell #1 at a huge loss just to get rid of it.

The frame has short 425mm chainstays, a tapered head tube, and 70.5° head tube angle to yield 75mm of trail. It should be a fast handling bike, without being too twitchy.

He is 5’10? with a 36? inseam, and as you can see below there is just way too much seat post and therefore saddle to bar drop for it to be a comfortable ride. It would be ideal for someone of roughly the same height, but with shorter legs and a longer torso.

For sale is the frame only (with headset). We spent roughly $1,100 for the frame, but we’ll take $800 + shipping for a quick sale. Singletracks’ own dgaddis can also hook you up with a decent price on a custom 650b wheelset.

Built up with carbon wheels, King hubs, Thomsen cockpit, Eggbeater pedals, and XTR brakes/drivetrain it weighed in at a smidge under 20 pounds.

Wow, it’s gorgeous. Unfortunately, due to both my height and my poverty-ridden lifestyle, I’m unable to benefit from your situation, but hope someone snaps it up!

Those are some mighty fine lookin’ wheels 😉

Good luck with the sale.

Sweet! If you come up with one to fit someone who is 6’4", let me know! Very nice looking ride, btw!

Greetings, sweet frame. Looks like what I’m after – 5’10" 32 inch inside leg.
      Any interest in shipping to UK? Please could you check and advise?

I’m not opposed to shipping to the UK, but you would need to cover the cost and handle customs.

Is this prototype yet available?

Yes, still available.

Maybe with a suspension-corrected fork the saddle-to-bar drop would be more manageable? Of course, then the head angle changes…

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.