FOR SALE: 2006 SANTA CRUZ V10 LARGE FRAME, PLUS GOODIES!!

Singletracks Mountain Bike News, Reviews, MTB Trails and Community Protected: Forums Mountain Bike Forum FOR SALE: 2006 SANTA CRUZ V10 LARGE FRAME, PLUS GOODIES!!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Ever hear of an engagement bike?! Well, you’re looking at one. Read on…

Rewind 10 years. I’m on the first date with who will later become my wife. I, being an upstanding gentleman & downhiller, take said opportunity to get pretty well lit on margaritas; at which point in time I began "enlightening" this poor girl on what I feel is one of the ultimate double-standards in relationships.

I proceeded to tell her about how guys get totally hosed (I think I used a different operative word that is probably not suitable for public talk) when they plunk down a couple month’s salary on an engagement ring and what do they get in return? Notta! Zip!

I then explained how I had a college degree, was an accomplished cook, was more than capable of doing my own laundry & house keeping, paid all my bills and, I might add, was a bit of a romantic for the right girl. Did I mention the pitcher of margarita yet?!

I closed said diatribe with some BS statement about how if I were ever to get married, my girl would have to buy me an engagement bike if she got an engagement ring!

Fast forward to 2005. After moon-lighting on my extended biking "vacations" for a half a decade to squirrel away a few thousand bucks, I surprised my girl with this…

After a few dozen designs, I came up with this idea and gave it to a Titanium jeweler and he made my ideas a reality.

Much to my astonishment, after all those years she never forgot my drunken rant about the infamous "engagement bike." With lips tightly sealed, she found out what my dream DH frame was and had it delivered with a note saying, "After all these years, you were totally right. You DO deserve an engagement bike!"

However, times change. And although I am still married to this wonderful girl, I am no longer the cocky college kid out to conquer the world. I am a middle aged business owner living in the midwest and living the downhill dream just keeps getting harder and harder each year.

So, I offer to you, this Santa Cruz v10 "engagement" frame that is in very good condition. She was custom painted metallic silver in a professional booth a couple years ago and saw very little action since. Her bearings are as solid as a rock, absolutely no play whatsoever. I won’t waste your time with a bunch of rants about the v10, if you’ve made it this far into this ad, you know good and well what this frame is capable of. Also included is a Chris King headset (1-1/8" top & bottom), Salsa seat clamp, Thompson post, the full TruVativ Hussefelt crankset, and chainguide.

Also available is the wheelset, if you want to purchase them. Admittedly, the wheels are a bit flashy. But trust me, when you’re flying down a DH run these wheels look pretty sweet. Wheels are extra and can either be purchased as a complete set, or as just a front/rear hub, depending on your needs.

The front hub is a Hadley/Onyx, the rear hub is a Team Issued Razor Rock Racing. Although the wheels are showing their age, the hubs are in excellent shape, so it’s up to you if you want to buy them.

The shock is a 5th Element and is still in perfect working order.

I’m not sure what else to say about this frame but if you have any questions feel free to buzz me. I know it’s the internet and people screw each other all the time but I really don’t have any reason to screw anyone or make them unsafe riding a beaten up bike. So, for what it’s worth, I honestly wouldn’t have any hesitations in selling this frame to my favorite riding buddy.

Saying goodbye to this frame means saying goodbye to the greatest form of mountain biking I have ever known, and I am truly sad to see her go. But I knew I wasn’t gonna be able to play the DH game forever. She deserves to be ridden and enjoyed in the mountains, not hanging on my office wall in the midwest.

So here’s what ya get:

2006 Santa Cruz v10 frame, size large. Fits anyone 6 foot’ish tall.

Chris King headset: 1-1/8th" top & bottom.

e13 chain guide: in great shape.

TruVativ crankset: in great shape.

Here’s your additional options:

Hadley/Onyx front wheel or hub, your choice. Wheel is fine and safe to ride, but considering the paint job, I won’t be hurt if you only want the hub.

Razor Rock Racing 150mm rear wheel/hub. Same goes for the rear wheel as the front.

Not sure on a price. I’m not in a hurry to sell this bike, and I’m not hurting for cash. But I also don’t want to see this frame just sitting around collecting dust when she could be getting enjoyed by you. Make me an honest offer and we’ll do business. I’m not out to hose you, and I only expect the same courtesy in return.

-Shawn

Is this still for sale?

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.