For Sale: 2012 Specialized Stumpjumper Elite

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

This is a 2012 Specialized Stumpjumper Elite, lovingly cared for, stored inside after ridden outside and well maintained.  A one-owner bike, It’s got one and a half seasons of riding on it before being parked in my basement for the last year and a half.  The fork has less than 200 miles on a rebuild by Suspension Experts out of Asheville and the bottom bracket has less than 20 miles on it since a replacement by Blairsville Bikes and Hikes.

Some specs:

Wheel size: 26″

Frame Size: Large (18.5″). I am 6′ and it fits well.

Front fork: Fox Talas 140-120 switchable length (on the fly) fork with lockout

Shock: Fox with remote Brain with AUTOSAG

Seatpost: Specialized Command Post 3 position dropper

Brakes: Elixir 7’s 200mm front, 180mm rear

Cranks: SRAM carbon

Shifters: XTR

Derailleurs: XT Front and back

Full list of specifications as shipped here: http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/archive/2012/stumpjumperfsr/stumpjumperfsrelite#specs

A video of the bike in action for the last time under my ownership(this is the 20 miles on the BB):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfrYo1HRJf8

The only things that require mentioning about the bike are that it has some minor strap rash from the bike rack and heel rub on the chainstays(see pics), it is in need of a rear tire and there is a minor creak somewhere on the bike.  I thought it would go away when the BB was replaced but it has remained.  I assume that either the BB wasn’t tightened properly or maybe the creak is coming from a joint in the rear suspension.

Price is $1,250.  You are welcome to make any offers.  If you don’t hear back from me, it wasn’t an offer that I felt I could work with.  The bike is local pick up in Murphy, NC or will drive an hour in any direction that has a Starbucks.  This means Cleveland, TN, Ellijay, GA, or Hiawassee, GA.

Man, now I REALLY wish I still lived in Cleveland!!

Hi there!

I just wanted to take a moment to let everyone know that the Stumpy went to a new home tonight and to thank you for your interest. If anyone is still looking for a bike in the next week or so, I’ll be posting my last bike for sale, which is a Fuji Reveal that is pretty tricked out, so keep an eye on Craigslist/Pinkbike/the forums.

Thanks and enjoy the trails!
      Jason

Hmmm, someone buying a new ride?

I’m clearing out the basement.  One more to go!

Psst…. you wanna buy a Fuji?

PPS: I’ve still got that crowdfunded fatty page open in my browser.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.