Florida trails???

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

I was hoping some of our Florida members could describe the trails down there. I’ve driven all over FL. and I’ve never seen a hill anywhere. Most of the soil I’ve seen has been sandy and loose too. Do you have any hardpack trails? Florida is the last place I would think of to ride a mountain bike. Probably great for road bikes though.

Thanks for the info on FL. I’m glad you’ve got trails to ride on down there. Do folks ride full suspension much? Seems like it would be a waste. During my forays to Miami Beach, I used to see guys riding very fancy full suspensions cruising up and down Ocean drive in flip flops. I guess they needed them to handel the curbs or something.

If you would like a good idea on the trails we have to ride in Florida, check out my friend Carlos’ HD videos of our trails at http://www.proedgebiker.com. We have a lot of old mines around the Tampa area that make for good riding for sure. Alafia River State Park and Santos Trails near Ocala are even IMBA Epic systems. And YES, some of us ride full suspension because some of our trails are more Gnarly than you could imagine!

And we can ride 365 days.

"GatorB" wrote

And we can ride 365 days.

Even in hurricanes? That’s badass!

"ChiliPepper" wrote

[quote="maddslacker":3tnf7uzq][quote="GatorB":3tnf7uzq]And we can ride 365 days.

Even in hurricanes? That’s badass![/quote:3tnf7uzq]
      Yes, especially during our native hurricane parties. We natives, and I say NATIVES, not the transplants, enjoy a good hurricane party. While they are running scared, we just plop right down in are rocking chair and get ready to PARTY! 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆[/quote:3tnf7uzq]
      Hunker down!

Mala Compra in palm coast is a nice hardpacked trail with very litte sand.

amen to mala compra! I only started riding recently but have done that trail three times in the past week or two. The expert course has plenty of drops and hills. As far as why there are so many FS bikes you see a lot of the trails are semi-jungle and have a lot of huge roots going through them that alone would merit a FS in many cases. I am looking forward to riding in other states but Florida is not half bad by any means.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.