Florida Trails and Conditions

Tagged: ,

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

Discuss mountain bike trails and locations throughout Florida and get the latest updates on trail conditions here.

I just went to Kathryn Abbey Hannah Park a week ago and all of the trails were pretty good. None of them were closed or anything.

FORT PIERCE TRAILS. CHecked out the trails near the interstate here(turnpike) and the overall conditions were good. A fun trail that will give you the occasional thrill. Some good built features such as a teeter bridge and some natural fallen tree bridges for the tech riders. The only bad thing was the smell from the Tropicana factory. trail is a little over 4 miles. Is this trail even on the list for Florida Trails, I couldn’t find it. I’m not quite sure of the name either.

Kudos to you MTBers in Florida. No mountains, hot, humid, flat, and swampy. Not the top of the list for mountain biking. Yet whenever I see photos of your trails and such, they are impressive. Talk about making the most of what you have. Good job. Looking at the Markham trails inspired this post. I occasionly visit Ocala, but can never fit in a ride. We have the terrain where I live, but not the interest level that I see in your state.

Rode B2B for the first time recently. What a little gem. Easy to find, beutiful terrain, river views, trail well marked and in good condition. Fun and fast. Was unaware of Gar pond across the highway but am planning on hitting them both this weekend. Cant wait.

Lately Hannah Park has been quite sandy, not bad but a real workout!
      And on Back 40, there is a huge tree in the path so just turn right into the woods and go around it.

Well i’m trying to get back into MTBing, well what little i WAS into it. I’ve been more on the BMX (stunt not racing) side more. i was wondering if anybody wants to go for a ride in Jax somewhere. Maybe someone can show me around. I’m free anytime after the 9th of July.

The last time i MTBed it was up in Pennsylvania where i had hills and rocks to jump off of and so forth so this will be a little different for me. Hopeing to get back into this and make a daily thing especially seeing as how i work at the base right next to hannah park! ha.

let me know if any of you want to go for a ride.

anyone know the condition of the trails in tallahassee?, I haven’t check them out in a while but they are decent trails.

"CraigCreekRider" wrote

Kudos to you MTBers in Florida. No mountains, hot, humid, flat, and swampy. Not the top of the list for mountain biking. Yet whenever I see photos of your trails and such, they are impressive. Talk about making the most of what you have. Good job. Looking at the Markham trails inspired this post. I occasionly visit Ocala, but can never fit in a ride. We have the terrain where I live, but not the interest level that I see in your state.

Well we may not have mountains, but we do have old phosphate mines and rock quarries. Although the hills may not be over 40 ft. tall, they are steep and technical with narrow ridges. I used to think the same thing…mt. biking in Florida?! There are no long drug out climbs but at the same time we have no extended downhills. What we do have is some decent trails that would surprise many people from out of state. Loyce Harpe Park( fromerly known as Carter Rd. Park), Alafia, and Boyette, are some of the best trails in the state located in central Florida with Santos near Ocala. Hopefully we will be reopening Gran Canyon in Brooksville soon. If you visit Florida, bring your bike.

It was great running into you and your family today Chili (mongoose)! I wanted to die laughing when I came over that ridge a-holes and elbows. Look up and there you are, I make one hell of a first impression. That whole trail system is looking great and the free ride section is a blast. As my skills improve I hope to be able to bite off a little more of the trail. You guys are doing great work out there.

Howdy All…

New to the forums here, but I have been an AVID Mtn Biker since… well, as long as I can remember. I just wanted to report on the trail conditions at Balm Boyette Scrub… my riding buddy and I went there yesterday evening, and the trail conditions were fantastic.

This was my first time there, so I took the time to read up on the trails, and study the map. I used my Garmin the entire ride, so I have a "map" of my own now.

The rain lately, has packed the soil, making it very fast and smooth. I applaud SWAMP for their work on this series of trails, they have made the most out of what they have to work with.

We got a bit disoriented at times, trying to find a "flow" to the park… but for the most part, the pink maps at the trail head helped us find the trails.

I really enjoyed SPIDERBERM… very fast and flows well. Both sides of the Abyss were fun as well. Pandamonium is just that… some pretty fun little drops, but you can get turned around in there if you aren’t familiar with it. All in all, it was a very enjoyable ride. I logged almost 18 miles on my Garmin, and had a wonderful time.

When we first arived, there was a gentleman working on a tractor just on the other side of the gate. I asked him if he could point me in the direction of the main trials, since I had never been there before. He walked over and spent a few mintues chatting with us, and was very friendly, and very helpful.

This is a good aerobic park… you can really work on your speed here. Some of the singletrack is very twisty, tight and technical… nothing too scary, and is great for the beginner / intermediate and even advanced mountain biker.

As of yesterday, the trails looked great. Hard packed, and not washed out.

I will definitely be back!

Cheers!!!

Welcome to the Forum Kilted Ranger. Another Floridian. Must be something good in the water in Florida 😀 Must get a winter trip in down there sometime. Again, welcome.

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.