first ride in 10 yrs.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hey everyone! New here and just went for my first ride in 10 years. can’t figure out. why o stopped. in the first place. maybe marriage and a newborn boy. Kick butt time.
      riding partner is on the same shape as me. out of shape.

These are exciting times you find yourself in! The excitement and incredible speed in which your health will improve in the beginning is simply staggering. Enjoy it!

Yea man welcome back. Pedal, pedal, and keep pedaling – it will all come back to you. 😃

kinda in the same boat, only it’s been about 20 years since I’ve gone off road! 29ers started to intrigue me, so I ended up buying one and giving it a shot, feel like a kid again, playing in the woods!! I KNOW I’ll never be in the same shape as I was back then, but it feels great to get a workout and have fun at the same time.

"bikerfish" wrote

I KNOW I’ll never be in the same shape as I was back then, but it feels great to get a workout and have fun at the same time.

Well said. I’ve accepted that I’ll not recapture the magic effortlessness of my youth and am happy just enjoying the trails and not being quite the starchy fat bastard that I was before I started.

haha i did that when i first started riding again. I mistakenly thought that by climbing on a back i would be 15 years younger. I could barely walk the next day lol

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.