First full suspension advice

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi guys I’m trying to choose my first full suspension bike on a budget… I have narrowed it down to these three from what’s available All around the £1600-£1800 mark.

2017 Kona precept 150

2017 Scott Spark 760

2017 Orbea Occam AM H50

which would you recommend?

You have three different levels of travel there,  what kind of riding do you do? How technical of trails do you ride? And are you a fast or slow rider?

The Kona 150mm suspension is a border line enduro/downhill bike you could do some pretty knarly stuff but probably would not climb as well as the others. The scott 120mm suspension is a bike better for medium technical trails, Obrea 140mm suspension could be better for more technical trails.

I personally would probably go with the Kona, but the Orbea looks pretty sweet too. But, I would want to test ride them first. I test road a new Pivot 429 and was surprised that I really didn’t like it at all. I road a friends older Pivot 427 and liked it a lot. even similar bikes from year to year can feel different.

Check out the kona precept 130, my family and I rented 4 of them and rode the hell out of them in Crested Butte and everybody including myself really like the bike.

• BThanks guys I’m a fair to intermediate rider I’ll ride anything from easy trails to some gnarlier stuff… I have a Specialized Rockhopper Sport hardtail for the easier stuff so I’m looking for a bike I can give some stick…

I did look at the precept 130 they look great but I want to make the right choice. Plus there’s only £100 between the 130 and the 150

I’m also looking at the Occam H50. My trip bike is an Orbea, and she is perfect for me; awesome fit, and built for nothing else but to go as fast as I can.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.