Favorite Trail Obstacle

Tagged: 

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author

What’s your favorite trail obstacle? Being relatively new, I haven’t hit too many, but at Montgomery Bell park outside of Nashville, TN there’s a part of the trail that forces you to climb up a steep hill then bomb down a giant u shaped bridge and up the other side… it’s called Tommy’s Revenge. Theres even a sign at the top that tells riders to holler out because you’re blind to other riders. But it was so fast and smooth!

Kentucky Roush 😎

My favorite obstacle is the last one I cleared with out crashing. 😄 Later,

I enjoy creek crossings. Here are two of my favorite in the Augusta, GA area (CSRA)
      Modoc 1st creek crossing. a 2′ rock drop thru the creek and up a rocky/ root filled hill
      Keg Creek bedrock crossing. drop down to a natural "rock" bridge. It becomes slick when wet.

Mistletoe State park has some awesome creek crossing but i have no pics of them.

i enjoy drop offs and step downs, rolling hills out of nowhere that send the pucker factor into effect…..locally we have a couple of teeter totters, they are fun! went out monday afternoon to set up one and there was a 3 ft snake disagreeing with me……he won, i left….hahahahha 😄

My favorite trail features are large sections of roots on fast downhill sections that force you to hold on, pick a line, and just hope the bike does it’s job underneath you.

LOL….Anything that is real gnarly, super fast, with big drops thrown in for a bit of fun. Oh yeah, some sweet DH tables as well will give it the right touch. 😄

Pretty much anything super fast and gnarly!

"Bonsai-CP" wrote

LOL….Anything that is real gnarly, super fast, with big drops thrown in for a bit of fun. Oh yeah, some sweet DH tables as well will give it the right touch. 😄

Pretty much anything super fast and gnarly!

That sounds just like you…. 😆 Well, off for my summer trip to the high desert for a few months. Have a blast all!

Great question! I love a good roller – maybe it’s just because I used to suck at them, but now I love picking up some speed/ control, forcing myself up it, and then bombing down the other side. Something about that makes me yell out "gravy fries!" or something equally idiotic. 😀

"fat_billy" wrote

My favorite obstacle is the last one I cleared with out crashing.

Quoted for brilliance. 😀

I love the obstacles I can clear obviously, but I also like the ones that challenge me and make me a better rider! I really like roots and waterbars to challenge the handling skillz, rock gardens are fun too. 😃

"noah2011" wrote

i love GMC http://gmctopkickbike.wordpress.com/ 😃

So what you are saying is that GMC is an obstacle on the trails?? Does that mean the bikes they sell fall apart thus causing further challenge to the ride?

"eastwood" wrote

[quote="noah2011":3rvbz14m]i love GMC http://gmctopkickbike.wordpress.com/ 😃

So what you are saying is that GMC is an obstacle on the trails?? Does that mean the bikes they sell fall apart thus causing further challenge to the ride?[/quote:3rvbz14m]
      Just another low life spammer! They be gone now….. 😄

I love it when I find two roots a good distance apart that I can "roll" (dunno if this term is MTB appropriate but when I raced BMX we called it "rolling" if you floated the front tire over the obstacle and rolled the back tire through, kind of like a wheelie)

"kyroush" wrote

I love it when I find two roots a good distance apart that I can "roll" (dunno if this term is MTB appropriate but when I raced BMX we called it "rolling" if you floated the front tire over the obstacle and rolled the back tire through, kind of like a wheelie)

They call that a manual these days.

I love me some gnarly rock gardens.

I dig rocks, drops, and man made bridges the most.

Always been a big fan of bridges. Sometimes it takes me a while to build up the "giddyup" to try them. This one 6 footer in my favorite section of trail took me over a year to ride. Now I hit it every time.

Still trying to learn how to do a "drop" so I don’t end up flipping OTB.

This thread would be great as a poll

LOGS!! I love hopping logs! Still trying to figure out just how big of a log I can clear.

Viewing 18 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.