Fat Tire Festival

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Any one going to Fruita for the initial celebration of the CO MTB season? Looking for camping advice/ride share/etc.

I am still up in the air. One of the reasons I ride in fruita is lack of crowds. I have heard the festival is a blast, but I would go for the biking,not the party. There are plenty of camping sites in the book cliffs area (first come, first served).

Go to the festival and then ride rabbit valley, those trails are rarely crowded. You can also cruise into Junction and get on the lunch loop, western slope crowds are way smaller then on the front range.

Man,I think I’m gonna make it to the fruita fat tire fest this year,I have to work so I cant make it out of town in time to go with the race car I work on but Fruita is only 4 hours from where I’m at.Anyone else goin?????

I STILL CANT DECIDE!!!! I have always wanted to ride rabbit valley….

A little bit of a drive from the Bookcliff area, but the CO River views from the edge (off 3,4 & 5 loops) were amazing. A lot more motorized vehicles than I expected and also alot of sandy washes that are not easily rideable.
      Thanks for festival advice, I will be going just 4 the riding (& amazing DEMO Bikes!!!) in the future.

Man,I think I’m gonna make it to the fruita fat tire fest this year,I have to work so I cant make it out of town in time to go with the race car I work on but Fruita is only 4 hours from where I’m at.Anyone else goin?????

I made it up this weekend to at least get a ride in and went down to the festival for a little while.I left right after work friday and had to get a hotel cause my buddy doesnt have his apartment anymore,he got rid of it and bought a van and went AWOL somwhere in MOAB hiking,exploring,and camping.hahahaha.So I was a lone wolf for the weekend,and the weather was perfect,a little hot but a little overcast as well so there was a real happy medium.Which is good for a clydesdale like me,hahaha.Went to the festival during the day and missed the night time festivites so I dont have any big festival storys.sorry.But eveyone was there,fox,shimano,specialized,pivot,continental,rocky mountain,etc…
      I rode the 18 road trails this weekend and even with the festival going on it wasnt crowded like the front range trails are so its always a nice experience,and the riders I did run into were very friendly and cool to talk to.

Did you do Zippety???

BTW – There is a Lyons fat tire fest coming up fast. check it http://www.lyonsfattirefest.blogspot.com

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.