Fat boy returning after 9 years off bike.

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

I just wanted to say hello from Jamestown NY
      I have really missed riding, and after 8 0r 9 years off of any kind of bike I bought a nice new hard tail.
      I rode it twice, then headed out to Arizona to visit my family, and got a few great rides in there.
      I returned to find all of this snow. Boo!

I’ve started a spinning class at the gym, and I even dug out my rollers and I rode tonight in the basement and managed not to kill myself.

I’m hoping to connect with some riders in the area and have some fun when the weather breaks.

Welcome Back!

I did a spinning class with my wife 2x/week last winter and was in the best riding shape of my life come spring. Maybe by the spring you’ll only be "Chubby Boy" ! 😆

Welcome back to riding. Never too late to catch the bug – again. 😃

Is your name – ah bike accident related?

"CraigCreekRider" wrote

Welcome back to riding. Never too late to catch the bug – again. 😃

Thanks for the welcome.
      Funny you should ask:
      My screen name is indeed bike related.
      I was hit by a truck while riding my BMX bike at age 12.
      I broke my femur and spent 5 weeks in traction, got a nasty Staph infection at the traction site, and then spent another 5 weeks in a body cast. This left two very interesting "hole" scars on my knee. A few years later, I broke the same leg and tore a ligament in gym class. This left me with another scar 7" long on the same knee.

I’m much better now. 😎

Welcome back, I too resemble that remark, so us clydesdales have to stick up for each other! 😉 I’m still working up cash for a decent XC MTB, sounds like youre ahead of me. Was hoping to get out today but looks like the snow is gona finally catch up with us here in Southern Colorado so no Turkey Day riding, RATS! 😠 Anyhow catch some trail when you can!! 😃

I also take a Spinning class at least once a week. Has really helped in my endurance, climbing and speed.

Just because there is snow on the ground doesn’t mean you cannot keep riding. They do sell studded tires for mt. bikes. Before moving to Georgia 2 1/2 years ago I used to ride the snowmobile trails in New Hampshire. A lot of fun. Just dress like you are going snowshoeing or x/c skiing.

Welcome back.

"kneescar" wrote

[quote="CraigCreekRider":moocojfn]Welcome back to riding. Never too late to catch the bug – again. 😃

Thanks for the welcome.
      Funny you should ask:
      My screen name is indeed bike related.
      I was hit by a truck while riding my BMX bike at age 12.
      I broke my femur and spent 5 weeks in traction, got a nasty Staph infection at the traction site, and then spent another 5 weeks in a body cast. This left two very interesting "hole" scars on my knee. A few years later, I broke the same leg and tore a ligament in gym class. This left me with another scar 7" long on the same knee.

I’m much better now. 😎[/quote:moocojfn]

Ouch Ouch Ouch. Glad you are better now. And riding again.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.