Famous Fargo st. Hill Climb Challenge! On a UNICYCLE!

Singletracks Mountain Bike News, Reviews, MTB Trails and Community Protected: Forums Mountain Bike Forum Famous Fargo st. Hill Climb Challenge! On a UNICYCLE!

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

This was THE MOST challenging, gut-busting thing I’ve ever attempted on a unicycle; And I’ve done some pretty challenging stuff on one wheel…at least for being 53, lol! When I first saw this hill, I was in denial that it could actually be REAL, and gives the word "intimidating" a whole new meaning!

This is Famous Fargo street in Los Angeles, and is one of the steepest hills in the entire US, at a 33% grade! Many people can’t even *walk* up this monster hill, let alone ride up it on ONE WHEEL! No gears like bikes so it’s all the more insanely difficult on a Uni.

I may the oldest person (maybe only) ever to have made it to the top of this hill on a Unicycle! Btw, no video or picture can really do justice to how incredibly steep it is!

I’ll never again complain about 15-20% climbs again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tooFepDbZMY

Nice job uni,you did’nt happen to get your heart rate did ya????hahahaaha.

"steve32300" wrote

Unfortunately no; my heart monitor only goes up to 500 bpm! 😃

Insane. I’m sure your legs were baked after that one! How was the descent, seems like unicycling is tough both going up and coming down?

"trek7k" wrote

Insane. I’m sure your legs were baked after that one! How was the descent, seems like unicycling is tough both going up and coming down?

I have a magura hyraulic rim brake and I was using it on the way down…otherwise I would’ve become a runaway train!

Oh yeah, guess that makes sense 😆

steve32300 wrote:
      Unfortunately no; my heart monitor only goes up to 500 bpm!

Hahahahaahaha,I bet dude…….

"ChiliPepper" wrote

Brother, that was awesome! I may not be into the climb, but the DH run is right up my alley. I bet I could hit 60mph or better. Thanks brother, it is always a pleasure so see your videos. I was showing my wife some of your videos and she was floored when she saw the things you could do on that single wheeled/speed machine. Looks like you were having so much fun bro.

Live it up brother!!! 😃 😃 😃

Thanks so much!

I thought your were going to crash a few times there, WOW!

"henrycalhoun51" wrote

I thought your were going to crash a few times there, WOW!

Haha, me too!

Excellent job man, haha I’m thoroughly impressed! But I guess this time around you can’t really say "Not 2 Tired"….. or maybe you still can seeing how you did it on the uni. 😼

"Asfyxiate" wrote

Excellent job man, haha I’m thoroughly impressed! But I guess this time around you can’t really say "Not 2 Tired"….. or maybe you still can seeing how you did it on the uni. 😼

Haha, after that climb I was truly tired! Going back Sunday with another rider to film as I go and stay with me while I ride. I hope to go straight up this time with no traversing. We’ll see. 😀

Cool video Uni-Geezer. That looks like one steep mother. Good thing they don’t get snow in LA or that would be an a great spot to film Americas funniest car crashes. You were down that hill in no time flat – I almost missed it. How long do you think the hill is? Bet those brakes were smoking.

"CraigCreekRider" wrote

Cool video Uni-Geezer. That looks like one steep mother. Good thing they don’t get snow in LA or that would be an a great spot to film Americas funniest car crashes. You were down that hill in no time flat – I almost missed it. How long do you think the hill is? Bet those brakes were smoking.

Thanks. Fargo hill is about 1/10th mile, and is constant 32% uphill grade. Doing again tomorrow morning, but will have a buddy with me to film it. 😀

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.