Enduro Full Face Helmet??

Forums Mountain Bike Forum Enduro Full Face Helmet??

--
SHARES

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  kay oh 3 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Hi there,

I’ve gotten into Enduro racing the past couple of years now. Most of the races only require a half shell helmet – however there are a few races that require full face helmets due to regulations and terrain.

I’ve been using a 661 Comp helmet, which seems OK, however I would like to find a better ventilated helmet.

As well, it would be nice to have it meet the ASTM F1952 DH standard, seeing as the comp doesn’t, and I do like my teeth…

I’ve been considering the Fox Rampage Comp, Troy Lee Designs D2 and Giro Switchblade among others. I think the MET parachute might be a tad ugly.

I realize the D2 probably doesn’t have great ventilation – however as I’m still a student, I’m not wanting to drop the $400-500 CAD on a lid.

Cheers!

Check out the Bell 2R It also comes with MIPS technology.. I don’t know if it reaches the DH standard but.. You may like the switch technology.. Full face to Trail helmet..

IMO, if the race actually requires a FF, I wouldn’t feel comfortable running the Bell Super 2R. I have tried it and, in the event of a crash, it doesn’t seem burly enough to prevent significant facial trauma. For everyday trail riding giving riders the extra sense of security, sure, but racing a track that requires a FF, not the Bell 2R. If the race requires a FF, does it also require the ASTM standard? If so, this limits you to full DH helmets. If the MET Parachute meets this standard, that’s one I would consier. I know you’re not crazy about the look, but my buddy rides with one and it actually looks a lot better in person. I did a full enduro in my GIRO Cipher and it was way too hot so scratch that one off even though it’s a sweet fit. I also second the Giro Switchblade! Keep us updated on what you find. Good Luck!

Bell Super 2R is not DH-worthy. It’s a trail helmet for riders who want additional protection without the weight of a rated full face helmet.

I bought two, one for me and one for the wife. I wear it when I’m riding something that might be out of my league (which is every ride), and she wears it because she likes┬áto freak out on downhills and aim at trees.

Totally worth the $130, lovely helmets for riding casual gnar, but not for downhill racing.