Endurance series training

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Anyone have any good tips/training plans/ training programs for cross Country endurance series?

What’s the schedule look like? Are we talking 3-6 hour stuff, or even longer like 100 milers? How much time do you have until the series starts?

Ok cool, so just one 3-6 hour race, or do you need to be in shape (and recover) for multiple 3-6 hour races this summer?

I haven’t done a 3 or 6 hour race, but I have completed a couple long distance races (60-100 miles.) I’m sure others will chime in with more tips, but here are my top 3:

• Increase the amount of time you’re able to spend on the bike gradually. A plan like this works for a lot of people.
      • Nutrition and hydration during the race is very important. Fuel your body constantly so you don’t go into a deficit, which is hard to recover from. This often means eating/drinking even when you don’t think you need to.
      • Sign up for the race if you haven’t already. This will cement your commitment to starting your training and sticking with it. You’ll also save money since organizers often raise the price as the event approaches.

I have had good results from the Trainer Road programs. Worth a look.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.