DT Swiss wheelsets?

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Anybody know anything about DT Swiss rims/hubs?
      I’m thinking about building a 29er wheelset w/ X470 Rims and the 240 S hub with straight 15 gauge spokes. I need something strong!
      comments?

Well DT do make great stuff….I personally use Mavic Crossmax SLR’s and ST’s on my rigs however i have my eyes on a set from DT.. They make some really nice stuff as well…

I don’t know much about their 29" rimset, never have been much of a person for the 29er.

But I do know that their 26" rims are very sturdy and reliable. Especially the 2350 wheelset. Friend of mine has a set of them. Lets just say that the normal average rim should have been tacoed twice each way if that was ever possible. I would take it that the same quality may grace the rest of their wheels.

Just for assurance…

I’m hoping that it will be the case with the 29er DT sets. I’ve heard good things.

I have the DT Swiss EX 5.10 rear rim with the 340 hub in the 26" version.Being a 280 to 290 plb clydesdale,I was breaking the stock pawl bodys right and left,(5 of them to be exact)so I needed to upgrade to somthing expensive with a ratchet style hub.I started off by looking at the chris king all stainless steel parts hub which was around $430 by itself,along with a wheel build I was looking at pretty close to $700 to build a rear wheel.
      I dont mind having the really nice stuff and had the money to have this wheel built for myself,although I just couldnt swallow over spending just to make sure I got a wheel that would hold up without breaking.I kept looking around untill I found a prebuilt wheel by DT Swiss with the ratchet style hub which was about $350 cheaper than the chris king wheel build.I havent had any problems with DT Swiss wheel and I’ve been riding on it all summer.

I bought a DT wheelset this summer: 240S hubs laced to 4.2D rims. Love’m so far. Very light and stiff. I wish they had brass nipples, but they were prebuilt and on sale at $540 with aluminum nips.

Thanks all;
      I’ve decided to go with them. My bike "guy" is offering me a pair of DT Swiss 29er wheels with brass nipples for an unreal price (I think he feels bad about me garbaging "good" wheels, and he’s a friend of mine). He had them built for himself. Anyway, I had WTB Laserdisc 29er’s on my rig and they lasted about 3 weeks.

FYI:
      I got the 29er wheelset w/ X470 Rims and the 240 S hub with straight 15 gauge spokes and so far love them! They’re stiff and seem to take a pounding ( punctured my back tube both on the inside and the outside) on a rock that sent me flying 😉 and the rim was completely OK! Miraculous considering the troubles I’ve had with Salsa and WTB.
      Thanks for the input.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.