Dropper Posts for Cross-country Riding/Racing

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

<span style=”color: #000000;”>Hi Guys,</span>

<span style=”color: #000000;”>I am doing a research project for school on the topic of dropper posts, specifically their impacts on XC riding. I am currently looking for to piece together a public opinion as to whether droppers improve performance (speed, safety, endurance, etc.) in Cross-country riding. Does anyone have any experience with this? And if so how has using a dropper helped?</span>

<span style=”color: #000000;”>Finally, for those who are interested, I have put together a survey. It should only take 2 minutes or so. https://qtrial2017q3az1.az1.qualtric…fcGkSeWLV1hbOB</span>

<span style=”color: #000000;”>Huge thanks, guys!</span>

<span style=”color: #000000;”>Sam.</span>

Wow, not sure what happened there. This should read better…

Hi Guys,

I am doing a research project for school on the topic of dropper posts, specifically their impacts on XC riding. I am currently looking for to piece together a public opinion as to whether droppers improve performance (speed, safety, endurance, etc.) in Cross-country riding. Does anyone have any experience with this? And if so how has using a dropper helped?

Finally, for those who are interested, I have put together a survey. It should only take 2 minutes or so. https://qtrial2017q3az1.az1.qualtric…fcGkSeWLV1hbOB

Huge thanks, guys!

Sam.

I guess I’ll be the edge case here. I have a dropper post and find that I am less stable and slower when it’s down. I don’t know the last time I used it and am pulling it off my bike this week in favor of a static post.

Well, I ride XC….and I ride with a dropper post….I’d take your survey, but somehow the address you gave gets munged. Clicking the link goes nowhere.

My son has a dropper post on his XC race bike.

I have a dropper post on my XC bike, I’ll take the extra weight because I am (or at least feel) a much better rider and faster with it than without it.

Racing is good

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.