DontStealBikes.com & KarmaArmy.com

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

DontStealBikes.com & KarmaArmy.com

Hello Like Minders. As a biker, (skier, boarder, skater, etc),like me, you hate to hear of a bike theft or worse yet, you’ve had it happen to you. Me too. Quite a while back, my 6-ride old Specialized FSR was stolen out of my locked basement. I immediately launched into what has been my personal campaign against Bike Theft for the past 9 years. Yeah that experience sticks with you, doesn’t it?

The whole concept has since evolved into more of an effort to grow an active & targeted community to serve as an Amber Alert for your bike (skis/board,kayaks,etc) to help recover stolen property. With a large enough group [army] keeping an eye out for your gear, coupled with the true connectivity functions of today’s social media, we CAN recover stolen gear. All while shining a light on these types of thefts. Who knows, maybe we can even put a few of these criminals behind bars. How cool would that be?

So if you have a moment, please check out what I’m trying to do and let me know what you think. [url:30g0u8jg]http://www.KarmaArmy.com[/url:30g0u8jg] is coming online within 2 weeks, but if you’d like to join up [enlist], you can create an account in 2 seconds and be registered when we come online. FacebookConnect will also be in place to easily populate your profile.

Thanks so much. I appreciate any feedback, comments, thoughts or offers help to promote this effort through both [url:30g0u8jg]http://www.DontStealBikes.com[/url:30g0u8jg] & [url:30g0u8jg]http://www.KarmaArmy.com[/url:30g0u8jg] I could use all the help I can get to get the word out there 😀

Know anyone looking for a virtual internship?

@ Ease
      Senan (Commander in Karma)

whoa, talk about righteousness. That’s pretty badass to see there are people out there that are taking action and trying there best to help out.

I’ll take a quick tour/scan of the sites in just a second. But hopefully you’ve had luck with noble campaign of yours, cause I can say for sure that losing something as precious as one’s bike is definitely something to be mad about. Good luck with it.

Hey Thanks so much for the positive note on what I’m trying to do. Definitely trying to take action and provide a place for that action to happen.

Again, any feedback and thoughts/comments, etc. are welcome.

Ride ON!

Sucks that YOU had to pay to get your son’s bike back! Just isn’t right. Sounds like Karma caught up to your ‘buddy’ however.

Thanks for the support and thumbs up! I’ve got a ton of features planned for the Karma Army site; so please be sure to sign on and pass the word.

Thanks again!!

"dentedhelmet" wrote

Sucks that YOU had to pay to get your son’s bike back! Just isn’t right. Sounds like Karma caught up to your ‘buddy’ however.

How many readers here either have had a bike stolen (or something else) or knows someone who has??? Would love to know –

Had a bmx stolen probably pushing 20 years ago now.
      Other than that one we’ve been pretty fortunate on thefts, unless you want to count breakins for car radios; but that’s more than a bit off topic. 😀

Here’s an example of why I think a concept like KarmaArmy can & should really work. This is a news story from 6/13 about a 16 yr old Olympic cycling hopeful from Great Britain. SIX bikes gone in a flash! Those bikes can be found! One of them is the bright pink bike featured in the photo! Tough to miss that one!

Here’s the quick read:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/8098798.stm

By the way, YouTube now allows you the opportunity to record a video message (To Bike Thieves) right from your web cam. Try it out 😀

I had my first "Mountain Bike" stolen from me when I was 12. It wasn’t anything special (a Huffy I think) but it was a birthday present that I had just recieved a month or two earlier. I walked to the nearest store and asked to use their phone (no cell phone in the early 90’s) so I could call the police (didn’t want to call my mom yet as I was hoping I could get it back before she found out). Unfortunately stolen bikes are rarely recovered in the greater scheme of things, and I ended up getting a ride home from the officer who came out to help me. My mom was just glad that I wasn’t being brought home by the police for doing something wrong and I ended up getting another new bike at Xmas. Still wish I knew who had stolen my bike. It was a very upsetting experience at the time. And now some 17 years later I am still paranoid about my bikes…

"dentedhelmet" wrote

[quote="dentedhelmet":c5x8f6xw]Sucks that YOU had to pay to get your son’s bike back! Just isn’t right. Sounds like Karma caught up to your ‘buddy’ however.

How many readers here either have had a bike stolen (or something else) or knows someone who has??? Would love to know -[/quote:c5x8f6xw]

i know several people who have had bikes stolen.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.