Dirt jump clinics

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

are there such programs? I’d like to take a 1 or 2 day clinic. I’m not afraid to hit decent size jumps (nothing too crazy), but I feel like if I try any tricks it’s a guarantee I will fall, so I just hit the jump and ride off, lol. I’d like to do a clinic or at least ride with someone who DJ’s mountain bikes and has a decent trick arsenal, to get some confidence and guidance on the tricks on the ground & first hand demonstrations.

What si the minimum size DJ you guys would recommend to get enough height to start practicing some tricks? I’ve got a double in my backyard that’s about 2.5′ – 3′ tall, with about a 2 ft. gap to a transition landing. Thinking I need to build it up.

they do have clinics to teach you how to do DJ’s, but i dont know of any in Florida, the main ones that i know about are in BC, Canada and in California, here in Colorado the ski resorts have small classes to teach you how to do jumps and ride technical trail features better, but thats all i really know about that, i would say most bike parks will have some kind of daily class to teach you how to ride jumps.

most of the jumps here that people do tricks on are 6′ to 10′ tall with gaps ranging between 5′ to 20′, i dont really know what a good minimum height would be to learn tricks on, but if you have a local DJ spot check out the size of the jumps thier to figure out what you might need.

no good DJ spots that I know of around here. probably in orlando though, i’ll have to look into it.

our technical trail here has 3′ jumps, but i dont like the way they are spaced out. I may just be hitting the jump too fast but by the time I land the 1st double i’m right in front of the second one. I’ve seen some guys that have it dialed though.

you never know, thier might be some secret DJ spot that you dont know about that has some sweet jumps in your area, we have a few spots here that are tucked away that nobody really knows abouts, but the bike shops in your area will probably know about the secrete spots, usually its the mechanics that know where the spots are, you just have find out who at the shop is into DJing and see if you can tag along when they go hit some jumps, if thier cool they might even teach you some tricks and show you how to properly hit a jump.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.