Did you achieve your 2019 MTB Goals?

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

It’s that time of year when we begin setting goals for the new year.  Before I do, I like to see how I fared relative to the goals I set to accomplish this year.  Here’s what I posted back in January and my end of year self-assessment:

• Ride at least 1250 (MTB) miles (1750 miles cycling overall) – PASS (2100+ MTB miles, 2400+ overall)
      • Ride at least 3 new trails ranked in the top 100 by Singletracks members – FAIL (only 1 new top 100 trail)
      • Participate in at least two races – FAIL (just one race this year)
      • Ride the 75 miler Epic Ride in MD – PASS (although it was closer to 70m)
      • Ride at least one mountain bike park –  FAIL (none)
      • Set new Strava PRs for a number of segments at trails I ride routinely – PASS (although I should have targeted specific segments)

That’s 50% overall – not very good.  If I weighted them equally (fortunately, I don’t) it would be a FAIL for the year.

Curious how others fared relative to their goals.

Ride at least 1000 miles. Rode 1100

Consistently improve my wheelie and manual distances. Did it. Wish it was more but, it is more than enough for the trails I ride.

Improve my average trail speed. up 4 mph over the prior year

Bunny hop over twelve inches. Only made it to 10. Need to lose some weight.

Hey RMap, I’d call that a solid PASS. Just the mileage and the Strava PRs makes it a great year alone!

Thanks @TK34.   I was actually very pleased with the miles I was able to put in this past year as well as the elevation gain.  A lot of that was attributable to participating in a Wed nite group ride which I could do after work.  Great group of riders and the nite riding adds a whole new dimension.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.