dicks sporting goods diamondback response xe

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

hey i just bought my girlfriend a diamondback response xe from dicks, its a cool looking bike, it has discs which was important to me as i wanted her to be able stop at all times. Anyway the bike is lacking real components and wanted to give it to her set up for the trails on christmas. does anyone know anything i should look to upgrade on the bike?
      also its not on db’s website or any other …. what the hell. its an 08 response xe, it has a 20 inch frame, front suspension tektro discs, mostly sram x4 compoenents, it looks like it falls between the sport and plain old response models. does anyone own this bike or know about it. i got it on black friday for 250$. this to me was too good of a deal to pass up it just bothers me i didnt give the money to my local bike shop.

hey there roscoe. A buddy of mine bought a Response about 5 months ago. The only difference between your’s and his is that your’s has the disc brakes and his has v-brakes. The front fork is a bit different to I think, his has 100mm of travel. I remember looking up stuff for him when he was thinking about buying a bike for his first MTB. There were three different response bikes in the line up. He got the one that was in the middle you got the one on top. The reason that it is not on their site is that once they and all their distributors are stocked with the 09’s they update their website. For them that means clearing out the 08′ section and the 09′ takes its place. It not common for most bike manufactor’s websites but they do it.

As far as I have heard from others with the same bike…

Its mostly components that get replaced. The rear derailluer goes out pretty quickly compared to others in the same perfomance bracket. Also the wheels. I say this with hestitation only becuase my friend rides rather aggressively. He has already gone through three front rims. He is on his forth and has spare in the back of car for his bike. But like I said, it could be him. He purchased the lifetime warrenty from Dicks so he gets the wheels free of charge each time. That’s all I know. By the way the frame is very sturdy and rigid so that part is a good investment.

i was just really skepticle about the whole thing at first, id love to hear from more people on the same or similar bike. right off the bat im thinking of throwing hydraulic discs on there… anyone have any input? i run hayes hfx9’s on my fisher and found them online for 60$ each or 120 for the pair… is this a good deal?

"RoscoePW" wrote

My brother in law, who is a [color=#333333:pz0yker1]lawyer[/color:pz0yker1] told me that he was very well established in the city and at the same time, he was just really skepticle about the whole thing at first, id love to hear from more people on the same or similar bike. right off the bat im thinking of throwing hydraulic discs on there… anyone have any input? i run hayes hfx9’s on my fisher and found them online for 60$ each or 120 for the pair… is this a good deal?

Is this one a good deal? Can anyone give me link for a better deal please.

That post is almost 4 years old. Times and prices have changed. Try google shopping.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.