****Desperation*****

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Ok….. I don’t have anyplace or anything I can do unless I get some serious assistance from some total strangers here.

The reason I’m asking is because there’s enough people here that know I’m not a scammer or whatever, and that my life & luck has taken a serious endo…….
      ….. to put it lightly.

I’ve been cut off of my unemployment, I’m stuck in Florida, and I’m completely broke.

My storage unit in Colorado Springs is going to be liquidated next week, unless I can come up with about $300-350 to stop it.

I called U-Store-Its main office to ask if they would simply get my small file-cabinet out when the lock is cut & my stuff divvied up for auction. However…….
      I heard from their legal department today that they’re not allowed to cut locks for people or retrieve/return items from storage units.

They’re going to cut the lock and auction off my things ANYWAYS!!!! How is it so hard to just send me back my personal files & maybe my only photo-album I have left?!?

In that file-cabinet are all my Army records, awards, and documents…. along with bank-statements, account info, birth & marriage certificates….. EVERYTHING.

So it’s absolutely VITAL that those things not be allowed to just be given away to the trash who would promptly steal my identity and ruin the last little bit of integrity my life has left.

PLEASE…..

My family cannot do anything to help me avoid this, as they’re also unemployed, disabled, or are already living on the bare minimum as is ………..
      In that file-cabinet are all my Army records and documents…. along with bank-statements, account info, birth & marriage certificates….. EVERYTHING.

So it’s absolutely VITAL that those things not be allowed to just be given away to the trash who would promptly steal my identity and ruin the last little bit of integrity my life has left.

PLEASE…..

My family cannot do anything to help me avoid this, as they’re unemployed or living on the bare minimum as it ………..

All I need is to STOP them from liquidating that unit so I can get someone in there to snatch those sensitive documents & either burn them or return them to me!

I know I’m an absolute moron for begging here of all places…. but seriously….. this is IT for me on this.
      I do have a phone#, and several of the older members here know my email address…. so if anybody can do anything….. let me know asap? There’s enough stuff in there to easily repay the $300 +/- $50 (or whatever they want now) to whomever…. That’s all I can offer in return.

Thanks everyone, even if ya’ll can’t help. I understand.

– Joel

I sent you an email – give me a shout if you don’t see it.

On the 19th of December what little I still own; a box of clothes & army uniforms, a crate of vinyl records, crappy turntables, a few boxes of books & magazines, a goodwill couch & chair, and a bunch of assorted junk that’ll just get thrown in a dumpster….. including my file-cabinet and last photo-album…… will be auctioned off.

And then they’re even going to charge me an extra $96 after I’ve been robbed of every last scrap that was worth anything!
      It just makes me sad they care so little that instead of doing one small thing that’ll keep at least one aspect of a poor sap’s chances in straightening his life out going, their lawyers are more concerned about their legal liabilities and being sued.

<sigh>

Well, this is the last first & last time I’m going to stoop to this level… if it doesn’t help me now, it’s not as if worrying about it will help any more or less. If it’s of any interest to anyone here, the storage company is "U-Store-It" in Colorado Springs, and my name is Joel Stover.
      Even if nobody here is willing & rich enough to help me get my things back, I think everyone should call them and let ’em know that by blindly kowtowing to their gutless lawyers, they’re going to seriously screw up somebody’s life for good. Because some scumbag WILL snatch all those personal & bank records and pictures, and WILL steal the only thing I have left.

I have a few $$ I can help with but not much. If there is a way to get an items or 2 out I can throw them in my storage, I have some room and I won’t charge ya. Hope to get this figured out

If anyone else would like to contribute a few bucks, send me a PM and I’ll get you details on how you can help Joel out.

I just listed a car on Craigslist at a steal so if it sells I’ll help.I have a soft spot for turntables and vinyl and would hate to see you lose it.

I’ve done my fair share of endos in life, on and off the bike. I know where your coming from and will conjure up some $$ into the pool. Good luck!

PM sent ~

PM disabled..by someone..gee who could have done that???
      Sent you an email instead.
      Let me know what he needs.
      Cheers,

How did this situation pan out?

Crap…. I feel like a punk I didn’t get this done. Can I still help?

I’m curious if it turned out OK in the end too. It sounded like there was a good group of us that chipped in.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.