Department of the Weird

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

Sounds like it’d be heavy, but fun to play around with!

Read the third comment:

wagnerrp @HammerheadFistpunch
      Remember, they’re talking about mountain bikes. These are the things with heavy steel or titanium construction, beefy rims, big knobby tires, shock absorbers, etc… An extra pound or two of rotating seals, hoses, gauges, and pressure tanks isn’t going to make all that much difference, especially compared to having to stop and pump up the tires when transitioning to harder terrain.
      "maddslacker" wrote

Read the third comment:

Remember, they’re talking about mountain bikes. These are the things with heavy steel or titanium construction, beefy rims, big knobby tires, shock absorbers, etc… An extra pound or two of rotating seals, hoses, gauges, and pressure tanks isn’t going to make all that much difference, especially compared to having to stop and pump up the tires when transitioning to harder terrain.

Lol now that’s funny

He forgot to mention our changing into flannel any time we begin a descent.

"schwim" wrote

He forgot to mention our changing into flannel any time we begin a descent.

I keep mine in the pack. Of course, I don’t button it. I let it fly behind my like a cape.

Sorta like a hooker paying herself? Just wondering. 😄 Later,

all wheel drive bikes now this. okay now i am really confused. 😕

Interesting concept, but I’m not sure it’s needed. I’ve lower tire pressuring while off-roading in my Jeep, but never while biking.

And you wouldn’t catch me with a CO2 tank strapped to my bike. With the pressure fluctuations from temp changes and the possibility of crashing, it’s not something I would carry.

"Jared13" wrote

I’ve lower tire pressuring while off-roading in my Jeep, but never while biking.

The same concept applies. Lower that pressure!

"maddslacker" wrote

[quote="Jared13":1r48cok2]I’ve lower tire pressuring while off-roading in my Jeep, but never while biking.

The same concept applies. Lower that pressure![/quote:1r48cok2]

But I don’t ever raise the pressure on my bike. I did on the Jeep.

Right, that makes sense.

This is one of those products/concepts that was CLEARLY dreamt up by someone with zero mountain biking experience. This comment confirms that.

"maddslacker" wrote

Read the third comment:

😆 wow, I feel bad for whoever created this device. It is going to flop. As an idea, it is a good concept; it would be cool if you could change tire pressures while riding and it was really light. But I feel like a contraption like this would far outweigh the benefits.

I also noticed on the website that I couldn’t find any weight listed for the system–usually a sign that they are trying to hide just how heavy it is…

"afullsodacan" wrote

I also noticed on the website that I couldn’t find any weight listed for the system–usually a sign that they are trying to hide just how heavy it is…

Or even worse, they are so far removed from the mountain bike scene that they’re not aware that it even matters.

Gear shifters, switch for my light and the light (MJ-816e), remote switch for my seat post, gps… now a switch for air pressure? Gonna need wider bars! 😆

Viewing 15 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.