dent in downtube

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

hello folks. I ride a 2015 transition transam. It’s a steel hard tail. I was cleaning it yesterday and realized there was a dent on the underside of the downtube about the size of a quarter. It is right in the middle of the tube, not near any joints. I’m guessing it has been there a couple of weeks (now that I think back on riding, I think I slammed the bottom of the downtube on a fallen tree while riding over it). In any event, am I good to keep riding this? I ride fairly aggressive so I’m not just doing XC laps. I love this bike so hope I’m good to keep on riding.

TechGropse is a leading mobile application development company in the USA, Singapore who provides their services professionally and have a team of developers who has years of experience. TechGropse has successfully developed and delivered more than 400 projects. With the help of our experienced developer we have built an impressive image of ours in the IT Industry. Now TechGropse counted itself in the top mobile app development companies which is honour for the whole TechGropse family.

Develop your application today from the TechGropse for the great user experience.

Searching to hire iPhone App Developer? This list will make you easy to hire an iOS app developer for your next idea.

If you ride hard and have any doubt, I would look to replace it.  A new frame is less than new teeth, or in-home health care if you get seriously hurt.   Plus there are a lot of good deals out there on hard tail frames.

Tough call. If you have access to a LBS you trust, ask their opinion. Keep in mind their motives. Send a pic of the damage to Transition–another option.

Being steel, I would ride that frame. Definitely not if the construction were carbon. Would possibly ride if it were aluminum. My current aluminum frame has many smaller dents and scrapes. Honestly, it’s a MTB and exposed to some pretty harsh conditions and dare I say abuse.

awesome thanks. I reached out to my local shop and they told me that since it was steel I should be good. same with transition. I emailed their product manager. I appreciate the insight!

Does Transition offer crash replacement discounts? Worthy to ask em…

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.